"-UNION- KELLY WORKS" Hatchet

Picked this little guy up at a flea market today for the princely sum of $5 because it was something that I hadn't seen before, and because it was $5. The guy was asking for $20 and I just happened to walk by as he was starting to pack up so he took $5 instead of loading it back up.

I know the Kelly company bought out another company called Union Tool, but I am unable to find much/any information about a hatchet with dual stamps like this. Any help would be much appreciated.

10654477294_23dddeef0b.jpg

10654471726_dfe015e98f.jpg

10654451735_54c98b53f6.jpg

-H

Nice to see a clean hatchet head every now and again. Most of them saw more use as hammers than as cutting tools.

So after doing quite a bit more research, I can't find squat about this hatchet... My only guess is that since the lettering is different, I wonder if this hatchet is from the Union railroad out of Pennsylvania? I have an axehead that is stamped by another railroad, but I, in my limited experience, haven't heard of hatchets as well. Any thoughts?
It could also be from the Union Tool Company as I said in my first post, but I have no clue.

Back