UNK Last Ditch Kit

A lot of people are adding gear to their knife sheath as a last ditch layer of survival necessities. A friend of mine and Scotts, G.Y. also know here as Hayseedw45 recently showed me what he carries attached to his UNK sheath. A length of inner tube (ranger band) which holds a large ferro rod and Vaseline cotton balls. When all else fails, he has a knife and good, solid firemaking tools. I one-upped Hayseed by adding a Photon light (it lays flat) and a Cammenga Tritium wrist compass. Now, I have fire making tools, light and a navigational aid. If I need to check direction, I remove the knife which frees up the compass dial. Scott used brass rivets on my sheath so they don't affect the compass. A slick little package as a grab and go or as a last ditch kit. Easily removed, or replaced as needed. The "GY" Carry. Thanks, Jerry.

The ferro rod, mini ziplock with VSCB and Photon
img3651o.jpg

By kahuana at 2011-07-20
The compass
img3652sr.jpg

By kahuana at 2011-07-20
Covered
img3653o.jpg

By kahuana at 2011-07-20
img3656b.jpg

By kahuana at 2011-07-20
img3655z.jpg

By kahuana at 2011-07-20

Looks great kahuana. All the essentials in a small package. I expected to see pics on your redwood size batoning stump. LOL
Scott

Aside from "last ditch" could also be "all you need" type of kit also. All about what works and no frills.
Add some decoy line, done deal!

Nice!! I keep a section of ranger band around my UNK sheath too. Gives it a bit of grip in my pocket...Helps when pulling it out. Man I love the UNK....

Back