Unusual Schrade Walden 165

I have an older Schrade Walden 165 that has two features that
I have never seen on another one. First on the Delrin handle
it says "Shikari" on the name plate instead of "old Timer". Second,
it has an light tan/orangish sheath with a stone on the front.
Its serial # is 02953. Can anybody shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Jon

Does your tang marking read 165OT or does it read LTD ED or something else. The chances are that your knife was made on contract for a company or event. This is not at all unusual. The style of your sheath is correct however some of the older ones may have varied slightly. The color of your sheath also is not unusual especially if the knife was an overun and then if they had a batch of sheaths a bit off color they might have teamed them together and sold them to a large outfit like Smokey Mountain at a good price. I am attaching a pic similiar to what you describe only it is marked Schrade USA 165 DU and has a gold colored shield marked Ducks Unlimited it to is saw cut delrin and identical to the 165OT in other respects. This was a very popular pattern and these turn up with weird markings both in the OT line and the UH ( Uncle Henry ) line. I hope this helps LT

I just noticed in your post that your 165 was a Schrade Walden your tang might read 165 OT because back prior to 1972 they sometimes did not change the marking when they did a contract but the same analogy applies. In fact back then it was not unusual for them to leave the Old Timer Shield and just etch the blade to denote that the knife was for a special purpose.

Back