Update on John

JK Knives

An overdue update.

I’m sorry it’s taken so long for this. John went in on 10-8 to Northwestern Hospital in Chicago for surgery on a rare massive inguinal hernia. We thought it went well and he came home on 10-14. He still had no appetite (you guys that knew him know that’s not normal) and no energy. Two days later he couldn’t even get up from his chair and was passing major blood. The paramedics came and took him to Silver Cross Hospital a few miles away. They performed emergency surgery and found a blood clot in his leg and an ulcer. Repaired them and he was fine for a few days then he developed another clot. They repaired that and put him on all kinds of medication. They released him on 10-27 and he is eating and resting peacefully at home.

Please keep him in your prayers, we almost lost him twice and are not in the clear yet.

Thank you, Connie!!

I am sad that you and John are going through all of these medical challenges.

John is lucky to have a great family around him to keep him comfortable and provide love and encouragement.

Thank you for the update, and prayers and love are being sent daily from his good friends on this forum.

Hang in there, Stomper!!
We are all looking forward to your complete recovery!!

The following pictures are from an early gathering we enjoyed in Waterloo Michigan in 2011...

DSC_3369.jpegDSC_3346.jpeg

Thank you for the update, I have been wondering how things were going but was too shy to ask. John and his friends/ family will stay in my thoughts. Here's to a speedy recovery with no more surprises...

I remember doing this jack o lantern of John way back when.

People who didn't know him thought it was the guy from breaking bad ....

Hope you are looking in, John!!!

Screenshot_20231031-154448_Brave.jpg

Back