......Update on the new model for TKI

We finally have some parts made!

Here's a mock up of what it will look like.
orig.jpg

The first lockside out of the machining center.
orig.jpg

The 2 prototype blade styles freshly heat treated.....Rick is going to grind this afternoon.
orig.jpg

We finally have some parts made!

The first lockside out of the machining center.

The 2 prototype blade styles freshly heat treated.....Rick is going to grind this afternoon.

Ok, with grinding this afternoon, do you want me to stop on the way home from work or wait until tomorrow to pick one up? I don't want to rush you guys or anything...

/sarcasm

Looking good, appreciate the updates.

Woah!! That is slick. Looks pretty long. Is it over 4"? It appears like it's off to a great start. Thanks for sharing this with us! Any idea on what it's going to be called?

I like the pointy one.

Looking forward to more photos as these near completion.

Thanks for the update.

ETA...who am I kidding...I like both blade shapes. Very interested in seeing the final pieces.

Cool. I like the "other one" quasi-skinner looking one. As for name(s) that list I sent you....
"Rubi-Skinner" works for me :D or XM-SS. (humor)
Love the amount of Blade to handle ratio - very slender yet beefy.

Wow - very cool. Can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.

Nice. I am a big fan o 3.5" knives. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Very nice looking! I can't wait to see them all finished up. Thanks for the progress report fellas! :)

Cool. I like the "other one" quasi-skinner looking one. As for name(s) that list I sent you....
"Rubi-Skinner" works for me :D or XM-SS. (humor)
Love the amount of Blade to handle ratio - very slender yet beefy.

Ha - does the Rubi-Skinner include a free Rubi-Skinner for the person it's named after?

Looks very promising. I'm also a fan of the amount of cutting edge relative to the overall length.

I don't care what it's named, I'd like one regardless. A couple fortunate folks are going to be very happy if one of these somehow finds them.

Vegas in January has so much going on from Consumer Electronics to Shot and even AVN...something for everyone...so even if one doesn't score a custom / grail knife, there's still a lot to gain.

As for Rubi getting a freebie for naming it...it doesn't work like that as far as I know; but I believe he's deserving.

I really like this design so far... So I am commenting again. It looks like a cross between an XM 18 and my second favorite knife (see the double finger grooves). A combination of my favorite and second favorite knife must be a winner! Unfortunately, I have about a snowballs chance in Hades in getting one until they become a "regular production". Jeez, The thing isn't even a thing yet and I already want a Rubi-Skinner!!!

It'll be a Great Knife with a Great name for sure when it all comes together. Always cool to watch the process unfold...
Remember the "Aggressor"? First came the blade design and then the name "guesses" then.... "pow" perfect name for the look.

I'll take it! :D

Looks gorgeous, first grail add of 2014, can't wait to acquire the finished product.

Back