US Made Queen Big Boy Trapper

An individual or company can make an item in the USA and sell it in the USA without a USA stamp. Exports and Imports must be marked on the item or on the packaging. OH
Yes, I think we realize that. But for a product that was made in China and now is made in the USA on a limited basis, and because the company is making a point of it in their advertising, you would think they would mark it - at least on the box.

A USA made queen line would/should be big news, I agree that it's odd and disappointing it's not stamped USA.

The similarity to the Rough Ryder Reserve - Heavy Trapper is pretty strong. Even the same price.

Exports and Imports must be marked on the item or on the packaging. OH
Sadly there are many loopholes in the system, especially when you own the factory in China, and also the distribution center in USA.

Sadly there are many loopholes in the system, especially when you own the factory in China, and also the distribution center in USA.
Maybe, seems odd to me that they would announce the knife is USA made on their YT channel especially since they happily sell imported knives under the same brand.

I hope it is decent. Being US made does not automatically make it equal to GEC or even Case and Buck.

Buy the product for what it is, not for the nostalgia factor. That product may have very little, if any, connection to the original Queen. People buy GEC because of their actual product, not because they want a Tidioute.

I hope it is decent. Being US made does not automatically make it equal to GEC or even Case and Buck.

Buy the product for what it is, not for the nostalgia factor. That product may have very little, if any, connection to the original Queen. People buy GEC because of their actual product, not because they want a Tidioute.
The quality appears to be OK. I am not going to test it because my collection is mainly not for use. It's a pocket knife, so I wouldn't probably do any batoning with it or any other heavy use. I would say that about my Case knives too. To be honest, the main reason why I bought it is because I collected red jigged bone knives. I don't really want to load up on non-USA knives but I do have a few Rough Ryders (China) and Bokers(Germany). It is 95% Case right now. I thought adding a USA-made Queen would be nice, especially since Case doesn't offer that many big knives. If SMKW starts to do more Queen USA-made patterns, I hope they put USA somewhere on the knife and/or box. It would be cool if they did the patterns you don't usually see on Case knives.

I picked up one of each back in February, pulled them out of a couple of 10 knife lots on eBay. For what I paid, they aren't bad at all. Of course, what I paid was under $3.00 each, so it's tough to be too disappointed. Fit and finish was decent enough, better than average for the Queen of old. I don't really buy the "USA Made" bit, though. They look and feel way too Rough Ryder to convince me.

I picked up one of each back in February, pulled them out of a couple of 10 knife lots on eBay. For what I paid, they aren't bad at all. Of course, what I paid was under $3.00 each, so it's tough to be too disappointed. Fit and finish was decent enough, better than average for the Queen of old. I don't really buy the "USA Made" bit, though. They look and feel way too Rough Ryder to convince me.
You might be thinking of different knives, pretty sure these two "USA" queen trappers are new as of a few days ago.

I'm just kind of sceptical because they didn't mark MADE IN USA on the knife and the officially marked MADE IN CHINA counterpart that looks nearly identical aside from the covers is also so similarly priced.
I'd guess they didn't get around to changing the brown one yet.
Well, they have now. The brown bone version that was made in China a couple days ago is now made in the USA......:rolleyes:

Well, they have now. The brown bone version that was made in China a couple days ago is now made in the USA......:rolleyes:
Eh, it's a distributor with a lot of products they sell. They probably just copied the china made Queen knives to fill out the description and forgot to fix a couple of things. It certainly wouldn't be that crazy, and I think it probably makes more sense than them purposely being dishonest when they are so open about all the other knife brands they own being Chinese made.

How in the world did you manage that?
What? Snagging both of them that cheap? An eBay seller I watch posts 10 knife lots almost every week, and I check them out every week. I've snagged a lot of old Queens on the cheap that way.

You might be thinking of different knives, pretty sure these two "USA" queen trappers are new as of a few days ago.

It wouldn't be a first. You tell me.

Weirdā€¦ šŸ§

What? Snagging both of them that cheap? An eBay seller I watch posts 10 knife lots almost every week, and I check them out every week. I've snagged a lot of old Queens on the cheap that way.

I think he means purchasing two knives on eBay in February that are supposed to have just come out this month and are exclusive (I think?) to one dealer.

Weirdā€¦ šŸ§

I think he means purchasing two knives on eBay in February that are supposed to have just come out this month and are exclusive (I think?) to one dealer.

That seller has a lot of TSA stuff from Las Vegas. They could have been pre-production samples from SHOT Show for all I know. No boxes, no paperwork, no backstory, just random eBay grabs.

My initial guess would have been Bear & Son. Maybe these could be made by Cooper, but I thought they were pricing most of their knives higher than that (except the Big Chief
I'm thinking Bear and Son as well.

Perhaps the higher prices Cooper was charging wasn't a great hit with the knife buying public, hence reduced prices?

Could be Bear yes, but it all seems a bit obscure and I really don't buy the idea that inexpensive Chinese 'Queen' knives would be imported and then copied in the US - at great cost- then forget to fix a few things...??:rolleyes:

Is Cooper big enough to supply a line for the big e-tailer?

It isn't a new thing, but I don't understand why they don't just say who is making a knife. We know Queen is dead.
Unless they have reason to believe that most of the trad-buying public thinks like Pavlov's dog.

Perhaps the higher prices Cooper was charging wasn't a great hit with the knife buying public, hence reduced prices?

Could be Bear yes, but it all seems a bit obscure and I really don't buy the idea that inexpensive Chinese 'Queen' knives would be imported and then copied in the US - at great cost- then forget to fix a few things...??:rolleyes:
When I said "copied the Chinese queen knives" I meant they just copied the description from the Chinese knives, not the knives themselves. That would explain the discrepancies in the description of the knives. Then a few days later they fixed it.

Back