How To Use Sale Listing Forum

I just subscribed as a Gold Member and read the listing rules but was unclear on whether or not it was permitted to list several items in a single listing, or is the rule only one item per listing?

For instance, if I have several knives to sell, can I sell all of them in a single listing?

Or for that matter, what is the best way to sell a given item, one at a time in single listings, or all of them in a single listing?

Thanks.

you can find all the sale rules listed here ... https://www.bladeforums.com/help/exchange-rules/ ... it's best to read all before listing

this covers your question ...
  1. Consolidate your 'like" items into a single thread. If you have multiple knives to sell, post them in a single thread. Or you can do different threads on different days. You are only allowed 1 sales thread, per day, per forum. If you list an item and it sells, don't start another thread in the same section until the next day. If a moderator consolidates your threads, edit the title and make any changes you need to. DO NOT START AN ALL NEW THREAD! Let's keep it fair for everyone.
  2. You must wait 14 days (2 week rule) to relist an item for the second time. Once you list an item for sale, that item cannot appear for a second time in a sales thread until 2 weeks have passed from the date of the original thread. Any changes made to your existing sales thread (withdrawing, editing price, etc.) must be made to that thread, don't start new threads with the same items. Use a calendar if you need to. You can link your sales threads to your signature space, but don't make it a giant billboard.

Thank you for the response.

NEXT QUESTION:

Can we "bump" sales threads and how often?

Yes, I read all the rules...I did not notice this point.

NEXT QUESTION:

Bump doesn't work in the Exchange, otherwise it would be abused. You have to wait 14 days to list the same item again, and when you do so, you need to create a new thread (and should probably lock the old one).

You can group within a category (fixed, folders, gadgets, etc.)
Personally, I post items singly when I sell; and prefer the same when i'm buying - because I have no interest in reading through a bunch of subsequent posts to figure out if the one I want is still available (I usually won't even open an ad that has more than 3 posts).

NEXT QUESTION:

this little addition is after the rules for sellers:

Bumping threads or "BTTT" in the sales sections has been disabled due to abuse. See #9 above for clarification.

OK, so new guy here...I've listed several things for sale and have had not a single nibble on the hook. I think my prices are pretty decent, or..maybe not? I have one rated transaction here, maybe that is it?

Any suggestions for moving some inventory here?

OK, so new guy here...I've listed several things for sale and have had not a single nibble on the hook. I think my prices are pretty decent, or..maybe not? I have one rated transaction here, maybe that is it?

Any suggestions for moving some inventory here?

Selling here is always an adventure, sometimes you price knives very well and get a sale in an hour, sometimes you think you a knife right but don't ever get someone. At that point, you can either lower the price, or keep re-listing it as the rules allow, and that's about it. There's no guarantee you'll sell knives on the forum, it's all based on if you're selling knives at a value that is worth it to someone.

I will say, based on your sales threads, the fact you don't use PayPal is probably not helping you, the vast majority of sales on this forum are done through PayPal.

Thanks, I get the PP issue, unfortunately PP cancelled my account a few years ago when they accused me of using it to sell firearms and that was that. No appeal. Zip. Nada.

Thanks for your .02.

And next question, thanks for the assist.

I waited two weeks to relist some items I'm selling. Am I supposed to start an entirely new thread? A moderator kindly merged the new listing with the old, so I'm unsure what the proper procedure is.

1) Do I start a new thread?
2) Do I just add a new listing on the old listing?
3) And can I do the "merge" technique and have it show up as a new listing?

Thanks.

And next question, thanks for the assist.

I waited two weeks to relist some items I'm selling. Am I supposed to start an entirely new thread? A moderator kindly merged the new listing with the old, so I'm unsure what the proper procedure is.

1) Do I start a new thread?
2) Do I just add a new listing on the old listing?
3) And can I do the "merge" technique and have it show up as a new listing?

Thanks.

Start a new thread.

And thanks to the moderator(s) for cleaning up the mess left beyond by people who seem unable to understans "Buyer/Buyers Rule" #5 about not crapping on peoples' thread. Bad enough I had a guy welch after a clear 'I'll take it" posted...

I don’t necessarily think it was a welch. A hasty reply maybe. The problem with your original thread and potentially your new one is your descriptions seem vastly different than the pictures provided.

A few thoughts regarding your current A2 ad:
1) As Rycen pointed out, that knife does not appear "like new"
2) You took the lazy way of reposting... many people aren't going to chase links for individual images. Speaking for myself, if I open an ad & don't see the pictures there, I generally close it and move on without a second thought
3) selling an inscribed knife can be tough... the buyer has to want that inscription, or think the deal is good enough to overlook it. No offense intended; but you couldn't give me that knife (that actually has nothing ro do with the specifics of the inscription, though I could see that being a deterrent for some)
4) As KingMC mentioned, "alternative" payment methods can be a deterrent. Nothing wrong with specifying how you want to be paid; but if the buyer doesn't want to use your methods, they look elsewhere.

*regarding item #3 above: I should rephrase. While you could, technically, give me the knife, it isn't a knife I would want due to the inscription. Again, it's not the details of the inscription, it's the presence of it that is the deterrent. Only clarifying because I have been given inscribed knives... and, while I absolutely appreciated the gesture & the thought behind it, I found the knives less appealing because of it. (Yeah, I know - I'm weird, and more than a little bit of a jerk)

Last edited:
The photos for the listings give buyers plenty of opportunity to look at what I'm selling. They can make up their minds based on that. The descriptions are accurate. And the photos are too.

You missed my point - perhaps you should revisit the ad I referenced. The images aren't showing, I had to click multiple links to see the knife.
And the like new description is not accurate - the blade has multiple scratches. (Many here feel that sharpening the knife, even if the blade isn't scratched up in the process, eliminates the option of describing it as new or like new.)

Thanks for the suggestion re. pics. I thought people could click on the link to the IMGUR album, but I've embedded pics now instead.

Back