Victorinox economy line with nylon scales

Are these still made,used to see them at large stores like walmart etc,theyre my favorite,way better scales than celidor models.

Last edited:
The economy line has nylon scales, standard models cellidor.

I don't understand your post. Economy line models with nylon scales have better scales than nylon models? Do you mean cellidor?

I have a few "ecoline" SAKs, but I don't think their cost is significantly lower than the regular cellidor models. But the nylon scales are more scratch-resistant.

I agree. Nylon scales are much more wear or scratch resistant than normal scales. I have two 111mm models and they look much better than cellidor scales found on my 91mm, 84mm and 58mm models. The latter even scratch just from putting them in the pocket of your pants.
Some ecoline models seem to be available online. I don't know a source for replacement scales. Sorry.

I dont see any ecoline models online,have seen one or two couple mths ago,but prices are double the price of regular celidor sak

The nylon are nice, but in my dry hands, are way more slippery than the cellidor.

The most recent ones I know of are black and were used on a Singapore version. Original boxes marked ‘Property of S.A.F.’ Unfortunately, they’re also desirable to collectors.

Recruits are probably the cheapest and easiest source for the red ones used or NOS, without the CS cutout.

Back