Victorinox - SwissBianco Firesteel SAK

email is out, this time a year im superbusy with prep the blade show.

work on more, currently we wait in the anodiser... firesteel parts are ready.

Awesome-1.gif

update on this matter, i was first time meeting with mr fischlin, who swiss handmade make the firesteel attatchment that we use on ouer firesteel sak, really kind men and we work on more projects, i did pick up some more firesteel parts and they should be at the swissbianco blade show booth, the color of this run is secret, come on by the booth an see them yourself ;-)

here some pics:

IMG_8414.jpg
grind the steel

IMG_8423.jpg
milling the slot

IMG_8455.jpg
stamping die for the liner

IMG_8439.jpg
heattreat

IMG_8444.jpg
redhot

IMG_8461.jpg
assembly

IMG_8464.jpg
finished and packed up

all pics: http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh59/swissbianco/swiss army knives/fischlin visit/?start=all

update on the firesteel sak, one of the many points to attend while i was in switzerland was to meet mr fischlin & discuss the possible smaller 84mm sak version with him, he of course helped and did send me after an while 3 pcs firesteel parts who where shortened to fit an 84mm sak. since i did not do the 84mm sak system yet, there was no need to, i havent had many parts in stock usa and tim meeker did help me with an 84mm sak.

this i did disassy and reassy with an an new made custom liner who fits the 84mm firesteel. this handmade proto is not for sale at all. the goal is to test the feedback at the blade show & damon eggert, who did show you all how to use the 93mm firesteel sak on my youtube chanel (he will be at the blade show too) will get that spl sak for test, after that it will stay in my study collection :D

so why an 84mm firesteel sak? the 93mm soldier or farmer sak with added firesteel is sometimes an bit bulky. say if you have an survival kit, in an small can, it may not fit. so the basic idea was to make an 84mm alox lumberjack with added firesteel, offer near the same functions as the farmer sak but in an smaller, lighter size.

of course we will later offer the 84mm firesteel in different possible 84mm sak configurations, with or without alox/eco scales.

but first is the test, then the drawing of the file for cut the liner and the smallest problem is the now an couple milimeter shorter firesteel.

after we get the usual ok from the manufacturer we will start with the first run, what color (s) we will see, surprise. one pcs of the first run will stay in ibach, victorinox does now own the huge collection of mr brunner, the eidgenosse who started the firesteel idea and sadly did pass away way to early, this 84mm sak belongs in his collection.

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

Last edited:
the next run of these will be 50 pcs in silver alox, farmer sak with firesteel, if you are interested in these email me, they wont last long :)

they are now in stock usa and canada:

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

it will be in the next newsletter or you can send me an message now.

+B

Happy New Year, +B! So...
...what colors can we expect for 2012...? ;)

click-the-pics for hi-res goodness...

thanks for he great pics!

we work on red first. the 84mm will come and we will do the firesteel as an option on my own swissbianco multitool in time. 2012 will be an great sak year.

FYI, had one in my hand on Friday at Blade.

They were $80... I wish I grabbed one now.

thanks for he great pics!

we work on red first. the 84mm will come and we will do the firesteel as an option on my own swissbianco multitool in time. 2012 will be an great sak year.

When do we get to hear more about this swissbianco multitool? -- sounds great!

Last edited:
we have some in silver alox in stock. after a rest and sort out from the blade show we are soon back up.

Greetings, All,

I am new to the forum, which was recommended by a friend, and I very much like the idea of putting a fire steel onto the back of a nice little SAK like these. Where are these being offered for sale, what models are available with the fire steel, and what are the asking prices, please? Thanks, very much, Happy New Year, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

Back