Victorinox Traveler?

madcap_magician

Farts rainbows.
Platinum Member
Long story short, I recently wrote an article for my university newspaper on the value of pocket knives, mentioning Swiss Army knives in particular, and the Australian distributor for Victorinox picked it up and sent me stuff. Stuff being a 128mb SwissMemory and a... Traveler. Which does not match the description of an ordinary Traveler found on the Victorinox site.

Anyway... I got sick of searching, so I figured I'd bring it over here.

It is:

Traveller 1.3705.AVT

large blade, small blade, corkscrew, can opener, cap lifter, small screwdriver 3mm, large screwdriver 6mm, wire stripper, reamer/punch, key ring, tweezers, toothpick, scissors, multi-purpose hook with nail file, pressurized ballpoint pen, stainless pin, digital clock with alarm, countdown, timer, altimeter, barometer, and thermometer.

Seems like an Altimeter mixed with a Voyager.

Can someone help me out with exactly what model this is and where I can find a little more info about it?

madcap_magician said:
Long story short, I recently wrote an article for my university newspaper on the value of pocket knives, mentioning Swiss Army knives in particular, and the Australian distributor for Victorinox picked it up and sent me stuff. Stuff being a 128mb SwissMemory and a... Traveler. Which does not match the description of an ordinary Traveler found on the Victorinox site.

Anyway... I got sick of searching, so I figured I'd bring it over here.

It is:

Traveller 1.3705.AVT

large blade, small blade, corkscrew, can opener, cap lifter, small screwdriver 3mm, large screwdriver 6mm, wire stripper, reamer/punch, key ring, tweezers, toothpick, scissors, multi-purpose hook with nail file, pressurized ballpoint pen, stainless pin, digital clock with alarm, countdown, timer, altimeter, barometer, and thermometer.

Seems like an Altimeter mixed with a Voyager.

Can someone help me out with exactly what model this is and where I can find a little more info about it?

:thumbup: You are a very luck fellow. The Traveller (U.S. #53858 - Retail = $135.) and Traveller Lite (U.S. #53878 - Retail = $155.) are brand new models this year. We U.S. dealers just got them in. They do indeed incorporate the functions of the Voyager and Altimeter into one. I don't know for sure but I suspect that theose two will be phased out of the Vic line now.

felinevet said:
:thumbup: You are a very luck fellow. The Traveller (U.S. #53858 - Retail = $135.) and Traveller Lite (U.S. #53878 - Retail = $155.) are brand new models this year. We U.S. dealers just got them in. They do indeed incorporate the functions of the Voyager and Altimeter into one. I don't know for sure but I suspect that theose two will be phased out of the Vic line now.

Interesting. It is a really cool SAK. I'm quite surprised that someone would send me almost $200 worth of SAKs for no particular reason, but I am not one to question a gift horse...

Back