Victorinox Venture - A fixed blade swiss army knife

Hi folks. Yesterday I completed my first YT review and while this is just a quick intro of the new Venture knife by Victorinox it might provide you with some new insights. Thanks for checking it out.

I doubt it and haven't heard of anything like this. I assume it will happen at some point but likely this will take quite a bit. To be honest the difficulty of re-inserting the knife properly is 10 times more annoying to me. It is very odd that they didn't come up with a better design of that sheath overall...

Useful review, thanks. Haven't had the opportunity to handle the Victorinox yet but it strikes me as more appropriate for the kitchen than buishcraft.

Hey Ed. Thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate that a lot.

While I am certainly lacking extensive bushcrafting expertise having watched those that are considered experts in the field (e.g. Ray Mears) they first and foremost seem to use their knives for finer tasks (cutting, whittling, slicing, etc) and grab an axe or a saw for heavier tasks. For me this makes sense which is why I wouldn't disqualify the knife from being a good bushcrafting tool. It is certainly not a knife for the apocalypse where you have to pry open car doors and baton through a jet fuselage :). So no one tool option.

And I agree 100% that it performs very good in the kitchen. I am going to demonstrate this soon in a short video which I shot today...so stay tuned šŸ˜‰

Hi folks. Yesterday I completed my first YT review and while this is just a quick intro of the new Venture knife by Victorinox it might provide you with some new insights. Thanks for checking it out.

Just a suggestion, when posting a YT video in the review section here, it'd be nice to include a text version of your review (at least a summary). Speaking for myself, I have already seen the knife from Felix Immler and don't want to invest another however many minutes to find out what you have to add.

Just a suggestion, when posting a YT video in the review section here, it'd be nice to include a text version of your review (at least a summary). Speaking for myself, I have already seen the knife from Felix Immler and don't want to invest another however many minutes to find out what you have to add.
Thanks for your input. I will give it some thought. I regret you wasted some minutes for something you weren't interested in.

Have they fixed the sheath rattle yet?

I doubt it and haven't heard of anything like this. I assume it will happen at some point but likely this will take quite a bit. To be honest the difficulty of re-inserting the knife properly is 10 times more annoying to me. It is very odd that they didn't come up with a better design of that sheath overall...

Watched a video from Felix Immler where he said Victorinox will change the sheath in the near future.

My favorite part of your video is where you describe the handle material. You pointed out a feature of the knife which isnā€™t readily apparent on internet specs. As someone considering the product, thatā€™s information Iā€™m glad to have. Same with the sheath functionality, or lack there of.

My suggestion (if I can make one) is to determine who your audience is. Most of us are veteran knife-shoppers, and weā€™ve probably been aware of a product for some time before a reviewer gets one in hand. Then thereā€™s going to be about 10-15 reviewers racing to get a video out which are largely going to contain the same basic information; steel type, length, blade thicknessā€¦ you know the drill.

I see potential for you to bring unique content to the table, and I think you have an excellent speaking voice for making YouTube content. Maybe consider what unique perspective you have, maybe by virtue of where you live, what you do (back packing?), and what you use a knife for.

Iā€™m excited to see Victorinox going this direction. Victorinox, much like your YT content, is going to have the problem of standing out in an ocean of other viable options. I think adding additional functions to their fixed blade not only fits the ā€œmulti toolā€ SAK philosophy, it also makes the product different.

So far, and unfortunately for Victorinox, Iā€™ve resisted the urge to order one, largely because I donā€™t think I need the functions theyā€™ve added.

Shows up to thread about a video review; doesnā€™t watch video. šŸ¤”
Whose fault is that?
My point is this: if the goal is to get clicks on the video, then make no extra effort. If the goal is to have a discussion about the knife, then add a text version. My thinking is a lot of forumites are jaded with video reviews, and won't watch them.
.... having a discussion might actually lead to more views.

Last edited:
Thank you. I appreciate your feedback as this is something I can actually work with. It will take me some time to find my way but I see this as an experiment and a journey. This is why I am not afraid of adjusting and learning from my mistakes - which also might take some time šŸ¤£.

Last edited:

In this short clip I show how the Venture performs in the kitchen. For me it is just amazing how sharp the blade comes out of the box. As an amateur knife maker I am very picky when it comes to sharpness. But Vic did a phenomenal job in this regard. Credit where credit is due.

Last edited:
since apparently some people were watching my video(s) - thank you by the way ! - would like to continue putting out stuff like this. I am already working on a second video this time a bit more sophisticated both in terms of how the video is made but also including more in depth analysis of the product in scope (e.g..making use of my trusty old hardness tester). Since I dont want to spam the review section and maybe some readers might be offended by a review about a 18 bucks China tool I thought that maybe I should start one single thread were I combine all upcoming videos. Would you prefer this or do you think for the sake of having a good overview I should open up a thread for each new product? Not going to release more than one or two each week max. But would like to hear your preferences on the matter. Thanks.

Back