Video WIP. Making a special twisted multibar blade + Handle making

Hi Manuel, Finaly had time to watch your vid without interuption. BRAVO !!! Music was great even though I didn't understand a word of it. ( have a listen to some Joe Bonamassa when you can ) I love your power hammer mate thats gold. Just a question. When you mill the blade, am I right in assuming that you super glue the blade, and what is it glued to?
Fantastic pattern, loving your work mate. Thank you for taking the time to make the video, a fair bit of post production going on there :D
Cheers Keith

Thank you Keith!
Yes, you assume correctly, I superglue (cyanoacrilate) the steel to a piece of hardwood I previously face mill. I do that on both sides, with a cleaning face mill of the wood in between. Its my poorman's milling magnetic chuck ;)
If you try it, use a good industrial cyano with high viscosity.

Thank you Keith!
Yes, you assume correctly, I superglue (cyanoacrilate) the steel to a piece of hardwood I previously face mill. I do that on both sides, with a cleaning face mill of the wood in between. Its my poorman's milling magnetic chuck ;)
If you try it, use a good industrial cyano with high viscosity.

Cheers for that Manuel. Shallow cuts I would imagine even if you had a magnetic chuck !
Cheers Keith

Thanks Fletch.

Yesterday I finally finished this one, here is the final part of the process

[video=youtube;mHsQNt-Hh5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHsQNt-Hh5k&feature=em-upload_owner[/video]

Back