Videos are a'coming !

Yep, my friend have finally started digitizing the
video we shot some weeks ago. We're currently trying
to improve visual quality and minimizing size.
We have about 90 minutes of video, so we have lots
of material! :cool: Gonna do some cool editing, add
some cool music, some cool titles and stuff...
and.. and... stuff.. :cool: It's gonna be cool! :cool:

I have a short preview/trailer for you... I'd like
to hear what you think about visual quality etc!
There is no sound yet.. :)

Here's a link to the uploads folder of my ftp site:
ftp://balisong@nebol.dyndns.org/uploads
It will ask for a password, type in "balisong" and
then you're in and can download the file, "gigante_test.avi"
It's 950 kb and in DivX format.

Gigante, sounds pretty cool, can't wait to see the edited stuff! The clip looks good, but almost seems a little jumpy. It's as if it skips a frame a time or two. Also the camera seems to be moving around a lot, a tripod or even a crude one (table top) might work better, but it's lookin pretty good for a first clip! I've been taking some clips with my digital camera and i know how tough it is...i dont know how Clay does it! Keep working on it, practice makes perfect!

Very Nice! I took a look at the vid. Very smooth, fluid manipulations. Nice technique. The only qualm I have is that the footage is shaky. Probly the result of a hand-held cam corder. But otherwise, very nice!

Pretty nice moves man! You may want to mess around with the video compression a bit, as it does seem to jump a little, like masse was saying. And if you're using DivX, the less movement there is in the vid, the smaller it will be. So if your camera is moving, it has to keep redrawing the entire screen (more data). If you keep the camera still, it only has to render you as you move, and the backgroud only a couple of times. It also has something to do with the colors showing... like your yellow background (which looks great!). In any case, I can't wait to see some more!! Keep us posted! :)

Thanks for the comments! :cool:
And the info, that's good advice!

I'm afraid the "raw video" is at is is,
we borrowed the camera from a friend of
my friend, for a weekend, and we don't
know if/when we can do it again, that's
why we shot 90 minutes.. of balisong,
nunchaku and bo manipulation... :)

That test-video is 18 fps, my friend
just tried to capture at 24 fps, it's the
most that his computer can handle, it should
be less jerky, and we'll use some lossless
codec first, while we edit the stuff, then
we'll compress it with TMPGEnc into VCD-format.

:mad: :mad: :barf: Windows XP's media player is blocking .avi files, so I can't see the video... :mad: :mad: Like every .avi file is a DVD rip... :( :mad: :mad: :mad: (yes, I'm pissed! :mad: )

Any tips for me? Any other player you guys know of that I can use?

Originally posted by ixpfah
:mad: :mad: :barf: Windows XP's media player is blocking .avi files, so I can't see the video... :mad: :mad: Like every .avi file is a DVD rip... :( :mad: (yes, I'm pissed! :mad: )

Any tips for me? Any other player you guys know of that I can use?

Simmer down there ixpfah! ;) Gigante was wise enough to use DivX, but unfortunately, if you haven't actually downloaded the DivX codec yourself, you probably don't have it. Go to www.divx.com and download the updated DivX codec and a program called "The Playa", which is made specifically for DivX videos. Also, they clame it works just fine with XP.

Gigante - 24 fps should work just fine (Standard TV is 25). 29 is ideal, but I can't imagine those 5 extra frames a second will make TOO much of a difference. Also, cut the sound quality as much as possible, if not remove it. High sound quality makes for a HUGE file. Plus, low-quality bali audio sounds really trippy. :D Good luck!

Nice work, although as other people have said, it's hard to follow with the shakiness. :) It seems that everyone who posts vids is definately better than I am - looks like I need to go practice some more! ;)

Originally posted by PeaceFrog
It seems that everyone who posts vids is definately better than I am - looks like I need to go practice some more! ;)

I know, what's that about?? I better start practicing more.

Thanks Gigante.., nice of you to post for all of us!

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Ok, here's what I've done so far...

This is nunchaku and bo manipulation :
ftp://balisong@nebol.dyndns.org/martial_arts/nunchaku/
when asked for password, type "balisong".
When you're in, download the file "Gigante - Twirling.mpg"

Note, there is no balisong in this vid, and it's
a big download, 19 MB. It's about 2 minutes of
nunchaku flipping with a nice soundtrack... :cool:

I'm working on my balisong video right now... :cool:

I'd like to hear what you think!

To be a little more specific, the file is found in the folder... martial_arts/nunchaku, not in the opening folder. In any case, I'll be downloading it overnight (damn 56k). Can't wait to see it.

Back