Vintage Knife Catalogs & Ads (Images & Links Only)

Sears Roebuck Catalog 1902

TB2QPSv.jpg

tumblr_n7fqvcEApa1qj8evso1_1280.jpg37017929902_e2ac2b93e8_o.jpg
Hope these aren't out of line, technically speaking their not knife catalogs. However I find promotional knives interesting. Obviously these catalogs were geared towards blue collar types, and knowing customers knew those type workers often carry a pocketknife. Imagine someone ordering the "Headlight Cowboy" set above for their son for Christmas, and a genuine "Marine Corps" knife! That kid would've been on cloud nine I bet.

View attachment 2253002View attachment 2253003
Hope these aren't out of line, technically speaking their not knife catalogs. However I find promotional knives interesting. Obviously these catalogs were geared towards blue collar types, and knowing customers knew those type workers often carry a pocketknife. Imagine someone ordering the "Headlight Cowboy" set above for their son for Christmas, and a genuine "Marine Corps" knife! That kid would've been on cloud nine I bet.
Great post Dave. Do we know what happened to Crown-Headlight, and how long they were around for. ???

Great post Dave. Do we know what happened to Crown-Headlight, and how long they were around for. ???
Unfortunately I don't,but I'll look into it. I'm just beginning to get into vintage style workwear and am I member of "The Fedora Lounge". It's basically the Porch for vintage clothing,hats and styles. I found these ads in a thread dedicated to vintage workwear and as they had knife content, they caught my eye. Combining a well established hobby with a just beginning hobby.👍

Unfortunately I don't,but I'll look into it. I'm just beginning to get into vintage style workwear and am I member of "The Fedora Lounge". It's basically the Porch for vintage clothing,hats and styles. I found these ads in a thread dedicated to vintage workwear and as they had knife content, they caught my eye. Combining a well established hobby with a just beginning hobby.👍
👍👍👍

Back