VN(firefighters)Tactical tomahawk

This thread title may confuse some of you, so let me explain. A while ago, close to a year i suspect i came across this web site, and began to read about tomahawks. Tomahawks, i thought, indians used tomahawks. Little did i know how a tomahawk would help me.
I have always been interested in close quarters combat, and have trained in several martial arts. So ordering one of these intriguing weapons seemed only natural. then i read about training hawks, and lanyards and went wild ordered em both lol. When i recieved my hawk i loved it from the start, quick to the hand tough looking a true delight. I started bringing it to work, messing with it mostly, devised a little zip tie trick to attatch it to my firefighting gear. It wasnt heavy or anything but mostly i would remove it at the end of each shift and take it with me. One day i left it though in a hurry as a man with a 2 year old will do sometimes. The next shift i went in and loaded my gear without thinking. didnt remember my vn tac was anywhere around.
The alarm sounded and down the pole we went ,only a minute to get dressed as we could see smoke when we left the station. We arrived to find a small 4 room house burning in the back room. Off the truck around to the gate and...a padlock on the gate. Bystanders were not sure if anyone was inside..so every second was crucial. without thinking i grabbed my hawk and in one stroke popped the padlock from its chain(wasnt big but just big enough to slow us down) through the gate to the front door,(you always attack a fire on the unburned side to push it back on itself) anyway a lock and hasp hung on the front door as well,another stike with my vn tac and the door around the hasp gave and inside we pushed and put out the fire relatively easily. No one was inside it turned out to be vacant, but with my vn tac entry couldnt have been easier.
So when i read a post thrashing Andy or anyone at atc, kinda gets me fired up. Anyway I know its been a while since ive posted, but in my humble opinion, Andy and all at atc are top shelf in my book.
I still carry her with me at all times.

Sir,

That is a GREAT testimonial and I thank you for sharing it.

Please drop me a note offline, as I would love to add your story to our archives.

When i broke the lock i used the spike and hooked the lock body itself, and it came apart like cutting butter. When i hit the lock and hasp it had a bigger lock so i attacked the door frame around the hasp. here i dug the spike in behind the hasp itself and gave a good pull and it broke free enough to allow us to push the door in.
The amazing thing is after the first lock and then the hasp and door frame there was little noticeable damage to the hawk just a scrape or two. When i got back to the station i gave her a throw and it suck effortlessly into an ash tree by the station. Yep an all around tool.Couldnt be happier

I am sticking this thread to the top for a while because this story is totally cool.

Thanks Swede!!!!

Back