Vote: Best Value Spyderco

So what Spyderco offers the best value for your money? It's a tough question. Several models are a really great deal.

I'll go with the stainless steel Dragonfly. It's a really solid little knife. There's no blade play and it feels almost heavy duty.
Ergos are great on it and so is the blade geometry. Plus, it got a few votes in the "best looking" category as well.

Retail on the Dragonfly is only $60. I'm not saying that a $150 knife can't be a good deal, but the Dragonfly is awsome as one of the least expensive Spyders.

------------------
Cerulean

"Just because some folks think you make great kydex sheaths doesn't make you into some sort of mind reading psychologist." -Paracelsus

The old standbys, the Endura and the Delica for a lightweight, reliable, "losable" working folder.

"Best value for the buck", let's see, to me that translates to the knife you get the most "use" out of or the knife I carry most often. That would have to go to the Military then. I carry many other knives in rotation, it just seems I keep coming back to old faithful.

Phrede

The Endura is the best knife for the money and the one that always seems to find it's way into my pocket when I head out the door.

The best value Spydrecos in my collection are the stainless Dragonfly and the Standard.
Both were purchased and delivered for less than $50 each, and they are always with me.
If I'm in a dirty environment (like gardening or other yard work), then the Standard and the Navigator are with me.
Great knives !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bill

The CPM 440V Native is a heck of a deal. This is an exotic metal knife that can be had for roughly $50 at many retail outlets.

I can't think of any Spyderco products that aren't a good value. Here are three of my fovorites, which I know for a fact are worth more than I paid for.

1. Moran Featherweight. I remember when the original had a MSRP of around $200! I think I paid around $60 for mine. The new version is still an excellent value.

2. Calypso Jr. Lightweight. I know it doesn't cost Spyderco much to make the injection molded handle. Doesn't matter. That VG-10 blade is worth its weight in kryptonite.

3. Military! People who don't love the Military need a stern talking-to from Uncle Sal. That recessed liner is a marvel of knife making wisdom. Hard to believe the Military and the Benchmade AFCK can be had for about the same price.

David Rock

------------------
AKTI Member # A000846
Stop when you get to bone.

That new Native does sound good; I'm going to have to try one out. In general though I prefer my knives to be G-10. The best values I've gotten lately have been the G-10 Standard for 40 and the G-10 Harpy for 43, both from SMK. I know, that's a sale but they are still selling them!

And I'll second that vote on the Military. Sure, $100+ is a lot for a knife but the value is there when you find yourself using/carrying it every day. As much as I like my full size, plain edge Calypso, I usually pick up the serrated Military.

Gregg

The Wegner.
smile.gif

A very close second would be the Endura.

I guess I just love the Wegner's heft and quality.
smile.gif

Dan

Let me first say that I have owned and used, with the exception of a Sabariah (Sp. ?), most all models that Spyderco has ever made in one form or another. In my opinion, the most bang for the buck is the Zytel Endura and Delica in ATS-55.

------------------
John

Endura and Delica. Lot of knife for the money with these. Personally I like the blade profile of the Native and that's certainly a high value spyder. The one I use myself, though, is the old C5 Standard. Obviously a good value for me. Take care.

------------------
Fred
Knife Outlet
http://www.knifeoutlet.com

I'm partial to the Native and especially in 440V it's a great value, IMO. Of course that's at retail or near retail price.

My best values in Spydercos were all picked up from individuals. Like two Calypso Jrs in micarta for $35 and $40, a $60 Calypso full size, a $50 BF Native, a $40 Khalsa, and the list continues. Anything that will stretch the dollar to another Spyder.

If I consider knives that are priced along spydercos policy - no trades with private persons or discounted prices and only models that are available extensively, the best value is:

****Calypso jr ltwt*****

As I have not yet got new native I can only guess that it is close second.

I hope that later this year I see plain edged Ti Calypso. It will be the best value for me.

Ti Calypso Whoopee!

Back