WAAAAY Over Due THANK YOU... and a continuation of one thing after another....

Stump Buster

Gold Member
Hey Guys,

This is a WAAAAY overdue THANK YOU and report of Chris' version of a Kephart style knife. A quick little bit of background... The first Kephart he sent me a while back was put in another person's P.O. Box and the person admitted to getting the package, but refused to retun it to the post office. Come to find out, It was the PO's fault for putting it in the wrong box and the customer has no legal requirement to return the item (Ethics and Morals notwithstanding). Needless the say, the Post Office re-imbursed me for the price of the knife and I asked Chris if he could make a replacement and he agreed, so another order went in. Fast forward and the knife arrived about 3 weeks ago and to say I'm happy is an understatement!!!! This is the most comfortable knife I've ever had in my hands. It has a handle heavy feel which makes the blade just float and gives me a sense that I'm already choked up on the blade for detail work (No choil needed). The Ziricote handle is long enough for my hands (rare) and is fully contoured with no liners....perfect!!! The edge is screaming sharp and the antiquing on the blade gives it an all business/no nonsense look. Funny, this is one of the sharpest blades I've ever recieved from a maker and the price is a fraction of what I have spent on some depressingly dull knives. From the moment this knife came out of the box, it was elevated to one of my top three blades of all time!!! I REALLY REALLY LIKE IT!!!!:thumbup:

Soo...back to the "One thing after another" part of the story: I took it out with me in the field right after it arrived and was able to take a few fantastic photo's of the knife in it's new setting. I was stoked about how the pictures looked on the little screen. Unfortunately, I was delayed getting home and I needed to delete the pictures so I could take photos of the scene of the event causing my delay in getting home.....I lost all the fantastic once in a lifetime shots of this blade...but I'm here typing this up, so it's all good!!!

Fast forward to yesterday and I was finally able to get back out again with the Kephart. When I stopped for a quick lunch break, snapped 3 quick pics and wouldn't ya know it.....dead battery.:mad:

SO... You guys get 2 pics of the knife where it should feel the happiest and a few crappy ones I just took in the yard to give a little idea of the fit and finish. A photographer I'm not, so they DO NOT do this knife justice...sorry about that.

Here it is at the office...
KFUKephart002.jpg

KFUKephart001.jpg

Today in the yard...
KFUKephartdetails002.jpg

KFUKephartdetails017.jpg

KFUKephartdetails005.jpg

KFUKephartdetails007.jpg

KFUKephartdetails011.jpg

KFUKephartdetails009.jpg

KFUKephartdetails012.jpg

KFUKephartdetails010.jpg

THANKS Chris for making me another Kephart and I'm glad this one made it to me!!! It feels FANTASTIC and the Ziricote wood handles match the stock color on my '92 perfectly!!! Great Job Sir!!!

If you want the BEST feeling Kephart out there...In my opinion, you need not look any further than KFU to fill your needs.

Thanks Again Chris!

Mike

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics Mike! Im glad we finally got one there and Im glad you like it. I envy your job btw!

You got all the tools you need to survive in those first 2 pics.
Congrats Mike,they do complement each other very well.

Bummer about the first one,I hope the dude that kept it will regret it someday.

You got all the tools you need to survive in those first 2 pics.
Congrats Mike,they do complement each other very well.

Bummer about the first one,I hope the dude that kept it will regret it someday.

Yeah,well his hand may slip , him and his fingers will regret it! thats what a damn theif deserves!!

Sweet looking blade, congrats.

wow stump. that thing is awesome. love the pics. thanks very much.

Back