Wade & Butcher Straight razor

ernie1368

Basic Member
Looking for information about this razor it was on display at an old barber shop

Here's some information.
Wade & Butcher is one of the most valuable straight razor brands a razor enthusiast can own. Founded by the brothers William and Samuel Butcher in Sheffield in 1818, the company later partnered with Robert Wade and introduced its products to the American market. Continuing production until 1959, the company produced many cutlery goods besides razors. Wade & Butcher straight razors are characteristically cleaver-like razors that are very large, thick and heavy, often with near-wedge grind. These razors have high quality steels and workmanship, generally harder than average Sheffield razors but still easy to hone. They take a comfortable and durable edge. Due to their heavy weight, they shave effortlessly. As they have a thick grind they can be restored very efficiently unlike the old German straight razors with very thin grinds and can be used for many years. If you have a Wade & Butcher straight razor, even your great-grandchild can use it years later if it is properly cared for. For these reasons, Wade & Butcher straight razors are sought after razors with high collection value, very desirable for every razor enthusiast in the world today.

I agree with everything said above. see if you can take a few photos, we could help you get a better idea on the razor and myself and others would enjoy the photos :)

Thank you for the information on my brother in laws razor. It came from his dads barber shop and he has grand kids that will appreciate it. I will post some pictures but I will have relearn how to post.
thanks

Here’s some pictures of the wade & butcher
razor.

Last edited:
Back