• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Wanting a kukri for camping

dza

Hello BF,
I am looking for someone who can make me a kukri for some camping and bushcraft type work. Want something tough that I can use for chopping with no worries.
Prefer something forged but am open to stock removal as well. Probably looking for around a 10" blade with a kydex or leather sheath.
Located in US.

Contact me on either email or phone and I can make that happen for ya. No cost to you besides the materials and any belts used in the making - everything is transparent. No marketing bs. It's proper engineered knives for steel nuts. Site isn't up yet. Text me anytime - (412)-726-8610 - so I can get a lot more info from you.

Contact me on either email or phone and I can make that happen for ya. No cost to you besides the materials and any belts used in the making - everything is transparent. No marketing bs. It's proper engineered knives for steel nuts. Site isn't up yet. Text me anytime - (412)-726-8610 - so I can get a lot more info from you.
I'm stock removal high alloy PM steels only - sorry about the forging deal. Not set up for that yet.

Last edited:
Hey, is there anywhere I can see some examples of your work?

Hey, is there anywhere I can see some examples of your work?
Hahahaha wish I could but I'm the typical guy that's spent 21k on shit mainly for myself and don't even got my evenheat delivered so it would be vac pressure furnaced by Peters heat treating. I mean if you wanted to see stupid kitchen knives that are in Magnacut or exact copy EDC blades which I'm pretty sure is not the reason you're asking. I'm probably not the ideal person to do this for you at ALL - I really am only interested in and use high alloys carbon steel is . Idk boring frankly I'd use z-tuff not 8670 or similar I just don't do basic carbon steel and yes I'm well aware there is 0 difference between em depending on heat treatment(ish*). I'm more interested in the metallurgy side than the craft making side - that's why it's a literal I don't make a penny off the work. I'm just interested in making things that people can't buy - it started with myself as it always does 😅 - also anything I could do is on pause because of shitty materials used in surface grinding attachments unless you don't care about aerospace tolerances.

Just doesn't make sense to you to spend the money on the steel that would be required for it with me doing it most indeed is way overkill. I wouldn't use carbon steel that I can forge - without a forge I kinda look at that like steel abuse 😅 albeit it's been forged probably 500 times already it's just not .. I don't know how to word it obviously I'm not so good at that. I guess the word I'm looking for would be .. kosher?

Hello BF,
I am looking for someone who can make me a kukri for some camping and bushcraft type work. Want something tough that I can use for chopping with no worries.
Prefer something forged but am open to stock removal as well. Probably looking for around a 10" blade with a kydex or leather sheath.
Located in US.
F76284ED-154F-4285-934E-B66E3E583CE2.jpeg
I’ve forged several khukuri, here is an example of a recent one that I did just a minimalist wrap on the handle but I’ve made them with full handles and kydex sheaths also. Feel free to send me a email at edgeknifeworks@gmail.com if you are still looking to have something made. I do currently have about a 4-8 week lead time on orders.

I second the above, that makes much more sense. However I don't think he's going to make ya it for free 😅 (kidding man, I hope you get this one for real. I don't like seeing anyone fail) and D dza this is the option I would take if I were you. My .02.

View attachment 1744608
I’ve forged several khukuri, here is an example of a recent one that I did just a minimalist wrap on the handle but I’ve made them with full handles and kydex sheaths also. Feel free to send me a email at edgeknifeworks@gmail.com if you are still looking to have something made. I do currently have about a 4-8 week lead time on orders.
That looks good! Thanks for reaching out but I have already found a maker and commissioned a blade.

Back