Off Topic War Darts , Plumbata (lead)= Lawn Darts from Hell !

Maybe you could get good enough to use something like these for SD or hunting , but mostly in war I would guess they were best used against massed formations of enemy where great accuracy was not necessary .

Neat videos!

Not sure that I’ve ever heard of those before but certainly wouldn’t want to play catch with them. :)

I remember , as a wee lad , my compadres and I modified our rubber suction cup tipped arrows .

Using regular pencil sharpeners , we fashioned sharpened points on the wooden shafts .

Then we played "chicken" . Shooting our arrows as straight upwards into the sky as possible .

The last boy to move from the center circle was the winner .

We wanted to be men !

Brave , courageous and strong . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

This reminds me of playing mumblypeg. You get a knife or something that will stick in the ground when you throw it at your buddies feet and he has to stretch out to that point. Amazingly nobody got stuck with a knife in their foot.

I remember , as a wee lad , my compadres and I modified our rubber suction cup tipped arrows .

Using regular pencil sharpeners , we fashioned sharpened points on the wooden shafts .

Then we played "chicken" . Shooting our arrows as straight upwards into the sky as possible .

The last boy to move from the center circle was the winner .

We wanted to be men !

Brave , courageous and strong . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My cousin and I played this game ! We used metal field points, rounded tips. We did this in the corn fields so our Grandfather wouldn’t see us. The days of free range children walking off their injuries 😂.

My other favorite sport was playing “Evil Knievel” on the schwinn .. that’s another thread altogether.

I get the feeling children are a little softer these days. Too bad. That stuff was FUN.

Back