We need a Recon 1 in 3V.

The Recon 1 is in my opinion one of the toughest folders out there, and for the price I really like it. Recently gifted one to my father. At any rate, I love 3V steel and it's analogs, Cruwear, Zwear etc. A Limited run of Recon 1's in 3V would be pretty sweet, and would push it's toughness even higher so to speak :D. Not to mention there aren't a ton of folders out there using 3V still. Figured if we could get enough chatter going for one, maybe Lynn would oblige.

I think a limited run in 3V would sell very well. What blade shape? I guess they'd want to go with the most popular blade shape. Not sure what that is. Plain edge of course.

I think a limited run in 3V would sell very well. What blade shape? I guess they'd want to go with the most popular blade shape. Not sure what that is. Plain edge of course.
They probably would pick the most popular shape, I would be happy with the Spear point or Bowie personally.

Spear Point is probably up there and Tanto, judging by what they make across the board. Lots of SPs, and Demko seems to design an awful lot of SPs. I'm not sure I'd be into a Tanto. Spear or Clip for me in 3V. While they're at it I'd love one in the Damasteel if they could swing it. Keep the G10 no Carbon Fiber. Colors would be nice only because I've figured out that pulling a 4" blade in front of people isn't scary if the handle is any non tactical color like blue, light gray, orange, or even pink instead of tan, black, earth, or od green.

rather have a recon scout or trail master than a folder. 3v isnt gonna be all the useful in a folder that size to really get the benefits of that steel.

I ve had the Recon 1 for a short while and I haven t gotten to the maximum from the steel yet. That heat treatment of the xhp seems great for this folder. A steal of a knife for that price.

Back