Weapons for the hog hunt

Cddogfan1,

If you dont mind what kind/breed of dogs will you be using ? And will you
Being using two sets of dogs ? Bay
Hounds and catch dogs if im correct !

Frank

Good luck Scott!! You looked very well armed for the upcoming job at hand. I took my last hog w/a .243 Rem.

Here's a little teaser for you and hoping you get a good hog, or two, or three, etc... :)

My pig I got this past 'deer' season...

boarhunt3.jpg

I'm about 6'1" ~ 230lbs as a comparison...

boarhunt4.jpg

boarhunt2.jpg

Thanks again guys. Redsnake1997, that's a fine looking hog you got. Thanks for posting the pics. :thumbup: What knife did you use to skin it? I think I'm looking more forward to skinning one then killing it. :D
Scott

Cddogfan1,

If you dont mind what kind/breed of dogs will you be using ? And will you
Being using two sets of dogs ? Bay
Hounds and catch dogs if im correct !

Frank

Right two sets of dogs. We call them Bay Dogs and Catch Dogs. They are all typically some sort of cur, cross breed, mut. Bay dogs you typically see some sort of birddog, hound, cur, mix. Catch dog is going to be a cross with mostly some sort of bulldog in it. Every now and then you see some one with a pure breed pit or american bulldog.

I see thanks !... I know of a guy in SC that breeds and uses apbt's for hog hunting !

Frank

Thanks again guys. Redsnake1997, that's a fine looking hog you got. Thanks for posting the pics. :thumbup: What knife did you use to skin it? I think I'm looking more forward to skinning one then killing it. :D
Scott

This one... It's a custom f/one of BF's own. Lamont Coombs. One of my favorite styles for skinning game. The leather is great as when it gets slimy w/blood it doesn't get slick. :)

CoombsM23moss.jpg

CoombsHunterM23.jpg

That's a awesome looking knife. Looks like a deep hollow grind. Reminds me of a Randall.
Scott

That's a awesome looking knife. Looks like a deep hollow grind. Reminds me of a Randall.
Scott

Thanks Scott... this one is a very deep hollow, almost a flat grind. Nice O1 steel and cuts and slices well w/the blade shape. Yes, it is VERY reminiscent of a Randall... but easier to acquire and every bit as nice! I need to take some 'used' pics as she's developed a nice patina after this past years hunting season. :)

Back