Weekend off to a rough start....prayers needed

You can always say it could have been worse. I'm glad you are with him. You're family will be in my prayers.

Dan.. He's in my prayers. :thumbup: Best wishes.
Thanks for the updates Tom.

Thanks for the update Tom. Dan, I hope your blood pressure has dropped back to normal now.
Prayers of thanks going out for a safe family!

Prayers for a quick recovery and dealing with all the other inherent issues of life.

Prayers out from Maine for your dad and all the rest of your family. Great to hear he is going to be OK!!

Dan, prayers going out for you and your family, glad to hear that it was not worse than it is.

Tom, thanks for keeping us updated. One of the hardest things during a crisis like this is keeping everyone involved informed on what is going on or what is needed. Don't hesitate to call on us if Dan or his family is needed, lists like this are great resources for filling needs of people who are truly loved by those they have touched.

Jack

Thanks for the kind words and prayers, guy....they are much appreciated.

Dad just got back in from the hospital a hour or two ago...they decided to keep him overnight afterall.

The van my father was driving crossed the centerline, he then overcorrected and swerved off the road, hit a fence, flew 150 ft, then rolled 2.5 times. They had to cut him and his front seat passenger out. A third passenger got out himself. He walked away with minor scratches. The front passenger is still in the ICU, both kneecaps gone, awaiting surgery.

My Dad is covered head to foot with large lacerations and bruises. Fortunately he is still recognizable, but will probably have scarring....and it will be a while until the bruising goes back down. He looks pretty bad...but is recovering.

They were carrying ~1000 lbs of equipment in the back and when they flipped it was like shaking marbles in a can. :(

The sheriff on the scene said he's seen less damage with accidents that were fatalities.

Right now, we (the family) are feeling blessed and very fortunate.

Again, thank you for the outpouring of concern.

Dan

p.s. I was knocked off a ladder this morning....:(....nearly landed on my head...:eek:....fortunately, came away with just a baseball-bruise on my arm.

Did I mention that today is my mother's birthday?

:foot:

I'm going to stay positive...like someone said before...it certainly could have been worse.

Back