Weekend Projects (Fun or Otherwise)

View attachment 2500670
I knocked to find the stud. Then used a stud finder. Used a level. I can’t quite comprehend why I cannot locate it.
I used the outlet below to draw level lines and still cannot find it.
I decided it was time to take a break lest I just put a line of holes in the wall.
😞😞😞
did you show your wife how to use the stud finder only to find yourself?

I say this because there needs to be a reference or it wont work properly

Last edited:
Got 20 more trees put in this weekend. Orchard complete. At least until my buddy decides it'll be a fantastic idea to add ____ next year. 😁

8cxiVJp.jpg

20240417_080659.jpg

I'm going to modify a set of lawn mower blades with some Delta 3V inserts. I have a large property to mow and part of it is along a quarter of a mile gravel driveway which is rough on the blades and they go dull too fast. D3V to the rescue!

Did some brush burning during the week. That’s about 1/3 of it, the rest was stacked up behind me. Not too bad if I do it every year, if I let it build up a couple years it takes all day.
View attachment 2556238
I try to keep up on mine too. But in February of 2023 we had a 100 year snow storm and there were trees down everywhere. We usually don’t get real snow so our trees aren’t ready for that. I had so much debris that I decided to rent a 12 inch chipper for the weekend. It was awesome. Now I’m spoiled and want to get one every year. I looked them up and they were around 60-70K to buy. So, I thought that $275 for the weekend was totally reasonable. But mostly I do the occasional burn.

I try to keep up on mine too. But in February of 2023 we had a 100 year snow storm and there were trees down everywhere. We usually don’t get real snow so our trees aren’t ready for that. I had so much debris that I decided to rent a 12 inch chipper for the weekend. It was awesome. Now I’m spoiled and want to get one every year. I looked them up and they were around 60-70K to buy. So, I thought that $275 for the weekend was totally reasonable. But mostly I do the occasional burn.
I used to moonlight as a brush-ape for my roommate and a guy he worked for as a tree climber (brush ape being the guy who drags the fallen branches and tosses them in the chipper). Definitely instilled a healthy respect for those things in me!

View attachment 2556291

I'm going to modify a set of lawn mower blades with some Delta 3V inserts. I have a large property to mow and part of it is along a quarter of a mile gravel driveway which is rough on the blades and they go dull too fast. D3V to the rescue!

That has got to be a first ;)

Back