weight of Model 44 and 45

Well if you're used to the Ti 40 series than they are quite heavy. Really they have a weight that just feels good in my hand. Shouldn't have traded my 45s away but I'm not a big fan of serrations (unless it's fully serrated).

oh i just found out both the 44 and 45 weigh 5 oz.

if thats the weight of the 44 and 45.. i mean thats just 0.9oz difference compared to the 42 / 43/47.. i mean 0.9 oz is like hardly any difference thats why i was stumped when the review at balisongcollector.com said the handles of the 42 feel really light and they feel like feather for those who have gotten used to the 44 or 45s..

i haven't got a 42 yet but getting it soon so i'm just trying to make sure i don't regret buying something like just 1.9 oz lighter( in the case of the bali i'm using now)

Hi Dopey :)..welcome to the Balisong Forum.

Originally posted by dopey
can somebody tell me how heavy are the Model 44 and 45?

I have a few 44's and 45's.., and the 44's I have all weigh 6.3/6.4 ounces. I suppose the slight variance in weight is simply a very small difference in handle weight (although they measure the same??).

The 45's I have all weigh 6.1 ounces. These weights are not out of old catalogues. I have a very accurate digital scale.., so they aren't published weights.., they are actual. Hope that helps.

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Back