weighted paracord monkeys fist keychain lanyard

Gentlemen, Gadgets & Gear is a discussion forum. Let's not turn this into a sales thread.

How about using a lead round ball? .58, .65/.68 (musket) and .72 (12 ga) aren't too hard to find.

How about using a lead round ball? .58, .65/.68 (musket) and .72 (12 ga) aren't too hard to find.

thats worth looking into; it would be heaver for any given diameter than a comparable steel ball. where would I look, somewhere with re-loading stuff?

thats worth looking into; it would be heaver for any given diameter than a comparable steel ball. where would I look, somewhere with re-loading stuff?

Any place that sells muzzle loaders (like walmart) will have .50 or maybe .54 roundballs. The .58 is less common, and .65/.68 or 12ga will be found at gun shops catering to antique firearms. Dixie gun works has everything up to cannonballs.

Last edited:
Any place that sells muzzle loaders will have .50 or maybe .54 roundballs. The .58 is less common, and .65/.68 or 12ga will be found at gun shops catering to antique firearms. Dixie gun works has everything up to cannonballs.

thanks. my only concern with internet is potential high shipping costs; I appreciate the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
with some people there is a lot of heartburn over my original lanyard with the 1.5" ball (legality). this approach is a little more subdued; each 3/4" monkeys fist is a fob for individual keys. Also shown in tan is one "fob" with a 1" monkeys fist. combined with a heavy carabiner the whole end weighs just over 12 ounces. This is my keychain, it was made with a 3 strand braid. the manrope knot looks a bit different but works the same way.
016.jpg

014.jpg

013.jpg

011-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

Gentlemen, Gadgets & Gear is a discussion forum. Let's not turn this into a sales thread.

Especially since paracordist does not have the appropriate membership level to sell. I don't want to have to infract someone because others can't follow the rules.

just made one in red to match my wife's dinner dress and lipstick ;) she's a knockout in this getup

006-6.jpg

004-12.jpg

001-10.jpg

Tell you what, paracordist. You send me one of the long ones in Black with Foliage green and I'll switch your membership over to a Knifemakers / craftsman setup so you can sell these properly on the forums.

Paracordist,

When you get squared away with Spark and can sell these here (at BF) on the up and up I'd like to talk turkey about four of the long ones.

That aside, great work. I recently learned how to make monkey fists myself, but mine don't look nearly as good as yours. :)

Scott

spark has been very generous. I'll let you know when we are set. thank you for such kind words.

Damn those are cool :eek: :thumbup:

And I think you need to upgrade from that s-biner. Those things only have a 25lb test rating.

For something that whoop assy you need something a little more heavy duty :D

Damn those are cool :eek: :thumbup:

And I think you need to upgrade from that s-biner. Those things only have a 25lb test rating.

For something that whoop assy you need something a little more heavy duty :D

agreed. a certain metolius mini carabiner would be perfect...

Tell you what, paracordist. You send me one of the long ones in Black with Foliage green and I'll switch your membership over to a Knifemakers / craftsman setup so you can sell these properly on the forums.

HA! Sweet deal! Isn't it great when your talents and efforts are recognized and appreciated?

Awesome work! Your nickname was aptly chosen! :D

HA! Sweet deal! Isn't it great when your talents and efforts are recognized and appreciated?

Awesome work! Your nickname was aptly chosen! :D

thanks for comments and ideas; the s-biner was something I had handy for pictures. on my own lanyard I have a thick, heavy carabiner from home depot (see last pic of post #28).

I pity the fool that messes with spark after he gets this:D

I just got the foliage green in hand yesterday so I'll post pics when this is finished - this green is gonna look really sharp with the black!

Back