Welcome!

Just don't come back with a photo like Iboschi has! (fingers sliced & diced)

Last edited:
No, I learned many years ago to slice up the food, not the fingers. :)
I've gotten a few nicks, but nothing that wouldn't heal easily.
I am so confident, I'm considering getting a Sikayo.

This makes me super, super excited to see this subforum. I'll need to snap some pics and get this thing going!!!!!

Fixed breakfast and lunch with a Shun Kaji chef knife. Life is good!

The only thing I used a knife for at breakfast was to slice open a new bag of cereal. :eek:

After that hard use, the knife was still sharp. :p

I recently got 2 old carbon steel kitchen knives from my mom that she got at a local Thift store. Now I have a forum to post pictures in and ask questions. :) Hope to post them up in the next few days. This is going to be way cool!!

Heber

I just signed up to BF all because of this sub-forum. Kudos Spark! :thumbup:

I look forward to some good kitchen knife discussion. :)

Cool!A kitchen knife sub-forum!I was looking forward to this one.:thumbup::cool::)

The only thing I used a knife for at breakfast was to slice open a new bag of cereal. :eek:

After that hard use, the knife was still sharp. :p

Cereal? Sounds delicious!

My wifey barbecued some chops, chikn, sausage, and steak and sauteed some onions and peppers last night. A few fine slices later and breakfast and lunch were prepared.

I recently got 2 old carbon steel kitchen knives from my mom that she got at a local Thift store. Now I have a forum to post pictures in and ask questions. :) Hope to post them up in the next few days. This is going to be way cool!!

Heber

can't wait to see em....whatever u do don't polish the blades!....i see people ruining old blades all the tim eon ebay by taking an angle grinder to em!:confused:....ryan

can't wait to see em....whatever u do don't polish the blades!....i see people ruining old blades all the tim eon ebay by taking an angle grinder to em!:confused:....ryan

Ryan, I wouldn't think of polishing those old blades. The patina has a story to tell and I wish I could here it. One is an old Case XXX Chefs knife and the other is what I believe to be an Old Hickory Boning knife. I collect Carbon steel Western brand hunting knives and some of those needed to be cleaned up do to all the gunk on them. But the kitchen knives were in pretty good shape except for the edge on the Boning knife, it will need some work to make it kitchen worthy.

Heber

I was hoping this was gonna happen I will be around :thumbup:
I love the kitchen stuff
-Vince

Back