Wenger - Is it possible to customize it or replace a blade yourself?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum but I've read a bunch and this place is great!

I have a question about a Wenger Serrated Master...

I love mine but there are 2 changes I would like to make. I would rather have a philips instead of a corkscrew and I would rather have a small knife blade instead of the nail file.

I called Wenger and they said they cannot change out individual blades. What you buy is what you are stuck with, so to speak...

But I figured since the philips is exactly the same size as the corkscrew and the small knife blade is exactly the same size as the nail file, I should be able to take it apart and swap them out with parts from another knife. Hey, if I can make my perfect knife, why not?

I am not concerned with voiding the warranty... I bought both of mine for $19 each on a sweet deal!

Does anyone know if this is possible or does anyone have experience with disassembling a Wenger (or Victorinox for that matter)?

If this is impossible, does anyone know of a company that makes a custom multi-tool similar to a Wenger? I love the Wenger scissors, serrated lock blade, and pliers!!!

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed,

Scott

sfitterman said:
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum but I've read a bunch and this place is great!

I have a question about a Wenger Serrated Master...

I love mine but there are 2 changes I would like to make. I would rather have a philips instead of a corkscrew and I would rather have a small knife blade instead of the nail file.

I called Wenger and they said they cannot change out individual blades. What you buy is what you are stuck with, so to speak...

But I figured since the philips is exactly the same size as the corkscrew and the small knife blade is exactly the same size as the nail file, I should be able to take it apart and swap them out with parts from another knife. Hey, if I can make my perfect knife, why not?

I am not concerned with voiding the warranty... I bought both of mine for $19 each on a sweet deal!

Does anyone know if this is possible or does anyone have experience with disassembling a Wenger (or Victorinox for that matter)?

If this is impossible, does anyone know of a company that makes a custom multi-tool similar to a Wenger? I love the Wenger scissors, serrated lock blade, and pliers!!!

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed,

Scott

hey,i understand yr feeling to make yr perfect knife...but i am not suggest u to remake yr wenger,except u had the technology like those in wenger's factory.....

so the best u can do is stick with it....

btw,my wenger's manager is still in my tool box for over 7 yrs....even i dun like it after i purchased it.... :barf:

If you're ambitious enough, and have all the tools, read this book.

kpr01.jpg

http://store.knifecenter.com/pgi-ProductSpec?BK55

Back