Photos Went bush for a week.....

No Andy the Aussie Andy the Aussie sized adventure (I always forget to take pictures... 😬 ), but I went Elk hunting last weekend. Didn't see a thing on Friday evening unfortunately. However, saw plenty of Elk early Saturday morning, and killed a small one. Weather was interesting. Never seen an ice storm after snow at over 9,000' before. Was very difficult to walk quietly when the was a ~1/8" layer of ice over 4-6" of snow. 👎

Got 'er done anyhow, despite the weather, and was back sleeping in my own bed Saturday night after a hairy drive home. :) Used a CPK EDC2 for all the skinning duty, and some of the disassembly work. That D3V holds an edge forever! Butchered all day Sunday, and used my WS-1021 trailing point for quite a bit of it. This might be one of my favorite new knives recently! Thin stock, thin BTE, RES-C, and I love the nice, pointy tip for trimming/cutting meat from the bone! :cool:

img_0977small-jpg.1984565

img_0976small-jpg.1984566

IMG_7736small.jpg

ETA - Andy will want to know: Used Dad's old pre-64 Winchester Model 70 in 30-06 (tack driver), paired with its vintage Colorado-made Redfield 3-9x40 scope. Love this gun! Beautiful Walnut stock that was run-of-the-mill for the time, but would garner a large markup these days if you found wood with this kind of figure. ;)

Last edited:
No Andy the Aussie Andy the Aussie sized adventure (I always forget to take pictures... 😬 ), but I went Elk hunting last weekend. Didn't see a thing on Friday evening unfortunately. However, saw plenty of Elk early Saturday morning, and killed a small one. Weather was interesting. Never seen an ice storm after snow at over 9,000' before. Was very difficult to walk quietly when the was a ~1/8" layer of ice over 4-6" of snow. 👎

Got 'er done anyhow, despite the weather, and was back sleeping in my own bed Saturday night after a hairy drive home. :) Used a CPK EDC2 for all the skinning duty, and some of the disassembly work. That D3V holds an edge forever! Butchered all day Sunday, and used my WS-1021 trailing point for quite a bit of it. This might be one of my favorite new knives recently! Thin stock, thin BTE, RES-C, and I love the nice, pointy tip for trimming/cutting meat from the bone! :cool:

img_0977small-jpg.1984565

img_0976small-jpg.1984566

View attachment 1984587

ETA - Andy will want to know: Used Dad's old pre-64 Winchester Model 70 in 30-06 (tack driver), paired with its vintage Colorado-made Redfield 3-9x40 scope. Love this gun! Beautiful Walnut stock that was run-of-the-mill for the time, but would garner a large markup these days if you found wood with this kind of figure. ;)
......excellent stuff mate !!!!!! Just excellent. You also need to post up a pic of the Model 70. My .375 is an early 70s made version that lacks that classic style (still gets the job done though). Congratulations on a fridge full of meat mate !

......excellent stuff mate !!!!!! Just excellent. You also need to post up a pic of the Model 70. My .375 is an early 70s made version that lacks that classic style (still gets the job done though). Congratulations on a fridge full of meat mate !
Yeah, finally some meat in the freezer. Been handicapping myself with archery Elk for too long now. Makes a person a better hunter for sure, but it is sure a LOT more difficult to make it happen! Will do on the pic at some point. I have a late season plains Deer tag in December, will try to get a nice pic of her then. ;)

Great pics Andy,
When we were kids we used to lay on our backs and pedal our legs in the air, the Emus being curious buggers would end up coming up to us.
Ian.

Hi Dwayne, I hope you and your family well too mate.
I'm alright, but getting older than dirt.

Great pics Andy,
When we were kids we used to lay on our backs and pedal our legs in the air, the Emus being curious buggers would end up coming up to us.
Ian.
…..thanks mate. When the family still had the place out near Cunnamulla there were hundreds of them and they did some of the strangest things !!!

Hope you are well mate !!!! Choppy is well cared for !

Back