West Coast Hammer-In

m. wohlwend

BANNED
Any interest in a Hammer-in geared towards the Wilderness and Survival Crowd?

There will be a small fee to cover expenses.

This will be a series of classes taught on basic knife building.

Teachers so far will be myself and Ray Laconico.

Friday evening gathering and registration and setting up camp, with classes taught on Sat, leaving you free to roam the Serrias on Sunday.

I have several ideas to follow if you guys would be interested....

more info

We have a 4 acre field to camp in. There is wood for a campfire and an outdoor sink with cold water. Good place to set up an outdoor kitchen.

We will teach 4-5 classes on Sat. We will try to hold these down to an hour or so.

I am thinking $10.00 fee per adult, kids free. This is to help get an outdoor privy :)

Bring your own food, please no alcohol as we would like this to be kid friendly. Thanks!

Classes will be basic forging, heat treat, grinding and handles. Sheaths if we have time...

I will post up more as I think of it! :)

I am no wilderness or survival expert, So if some of you are that come, and are willing to share, please let us know in advance.

There is a hawk target!

Last edited:
hhhmmm... when were you thinking Mark?? i had a great time at the last gathering at your place..

hope all is well with you folks..

Mike

hhhmmm... when were you thinking Mark?? i had a great time at the last gathering at your place..

hope all is well with you folks..

Mike

Mike, I am open to dates. 1st of April? Would Ban come?

We moved into the foothills and we have 5 acres to camp on.

I would love to come to this but i don't think its going to be possible. I am about 2 weeks away from graduating OBC, then i have JFO certification until 3 March. After that I start and complete Collateral Damage Estimation and PSS-OFF certifications some time around 13 March, have my wedding on the 17th and have a PCS report date to Alaska no later than 2 April.

...otherwise I would defiantly be there. This is a great idea I hope it happens again in the future.

Jeez, Alan, what do you do in your free time?;)

Would love it if you could make it.

I really want this to be geared towards newer makers....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back