What a Carothers knife would mean for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ron finkbeiner jr

Gold Member
I know this is going to sound cheesy but here goes. I have had and sold many knives since my romance with knives first began (about 1993). CPK knives seems to be the first knives that would tic all the right boxes for me, the be all end all if you will. While I've never handled any of them they seem like they'd comfortable in hand. Two knives they offer and if I can get them it would mean alot to me.

I know this is going to sound cheesy but here goes. I have had and sold many knives since my romance with knives first began (about 1993). CPK knives seems to be the first knives that would tic all the right boxes for me, the be all end all if you will. While I've never handled any of them they seem like they'd comfortable in hand. Two knives they offer and if I can get them it would mean alot to me.
There is a new CPK kephart for sale for 275 over on bushcraftusa.

As others have noted, watching the Exchange and placing a WTB ad increase your chances. Keep trying in the Friday sales -- or consider a proxy as many have had success that way.

Don't forget to check CPK's website regularly; I got the DEK1 I very much wanted by happening to look at just the right moment when a few came into inventory there.

Which knives are you trying to get?

... While I've never handled any of them they seem like they'd comfortable in hand. ...
Nathan and Lorien do a great job designing the grips/handles! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I especially like the DEK1, FK2, and the large choppers (IIRC, the Medium Chopper, Behemoth and Behemother all have the same size grips). Grip comfort is fairly subjective due to differences in hand size and structure, but with medium size hands I find the knives mentioned above to be very comfortable. For hard/rough use, I recommend either Terotuf or unbuffed canvas micarta; especially on the large knives, the buffed grips are too smooth for my preference.

I almost forgot: the Basic Field Knife (BFK) has almost identical grips to the FK2, with the FK2 grips being slightly more refined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back