What a crap day, I ran over my Iphone

Mark Terrell

BANNED
Man, what a shit day.... I got up showered, and the wife left the kiddo with me... It never fails that when she leaves him with me that he goes from peacefully sleeping to screaming insanely within 5 minutes... Today was no different.

So, I had to go run errands, screaming kid or no, and I had him in one arm my bag, drink and phone in the other.... I was all out of appendages to open the door, so I sat the phone on the roof of the truck... I forgot it and got everything, everyone loaded and started reversing...

I looked out the window just in time to see the phone fall down right in my wheel path... I don't have the reaction time to stop that and all I heard was the crunch, then pop....

I called (from the home phone) AT&T (store) so I could go buy a replacement... The asshole says, well, you're not eligible for an upgrade (I'm buying the same damn phone) so it will be 799$.... You've got to be f'n kidding me.....

I have the Iphone service plan, which isn't good for the other types of phones, so you're basically forced to get the 800$ phone.... What a load of crap...

I'm still sitting here stewing over it and I'm trying to thank of some sort of option for the dilemma.... There's got to be a way to get that stupid phone w/o paying the 800 clams.....

MT

well you sure did have a crappy day...but be happy u didnt put the kid on the hood and then pulled away...because then the wife would be upset. IPhones are great but way overpriced!

Thats a bummer man.

I wonder if I can get one any cheaper over here ?

Man that shit has happened to me too...for me it was my wedding band...yah...explain that to the wife..

I would call and try the super sugar approach...maybe there is an option...

I got crafty on the deal and realized that we hadn't upgraded my wife's phone/contract as of yet..... So we went and upgraded her to an Iphone, and I popped my sim in it.

So, we still had to fork over around 350$, but it's far sight better than 800$.... I'm still a little bent on the whole situation, but such is life I guess. Now I just have to try and restore everything, which Itunes should do, but I'm pretty sure I lost some important stuff...

MT

I got crafty on the deal and realized that we hadn't upgraded my wife's phone/contract as of yet..... So we went and upgraded her to an Iphone, and I popped my sim in it.

So, we still had to fork over around 350$, but it's far sight better than 800$.... I'm still a little bent on the whole situation, but such is life I guess. Now I just have to try and restore everything, which Itunes should do, but I'm pretty sure I lost some important stuff...

MT

That was good thinking. I guess that's what I would have to do if my iPhone took a hit since Apple won't insure the damned things.

However, does that mean that you're having to pay for two iPhone service plans now? What phone will your wife use?

If you were syncing it pretty regularly, I don't see how you would lose much of anything. Even apps you've paid for should be on iTunes.

Yeah, right now, I'm having to pay for 2.... I'll break my contract next month though b/c it's up in 7 months or so... They charge you 175$ for breaking it, but they credit you for months already used in the contract, so I'll only end up owing like 65$. I may have to swap #'s after that, but it's not a problem....

MT

Back