What about Knives and Flashlights?

I have really been liking this 47's Quark. I have a lot of other light's. Lights that have more settings, and put out more lumens. This little Quark though has it all. The perfect tint and perfectly spaced settings. The low is just right for walking around at night when it is dark. The high has a great blend of power and throw/spill while the middle setting is perfect for looking into cupboards or just general purpose use. The midnight blue looks fancy too.
Oh yeah the Hinderer is pretty cool too.

j0GsHy2h.jpg

Had this little Jaxman E3 in my flannel pocket today. It's a nice AA light but I haven't used it much.

It has an L-M-H mode order and defaults to low, which I generally like. The low is pretty low, which is good for basic stuff right in front of me at night. Generally though, I prefer a warmer light in those circumstances. This one has a high-CRI neutral-white emitter with a decent tint. That's good in a versatile all-rounder, but I feel like some of the day-time benefits that offers over warm are lost when starting with a low low.

The E3 has a stiffer mechanical switch than my Convoy lights, which can be a good thing in a pocket light. However, it does compound the above conflict. Getting more usable light when my eyes are adjusted to daylight necessitates a double tap.

9eeAmR4.jpeg

Back