What are the best insoles to use while standing on concrete for long hours?

jeepin

Gold Member
I might be starting a new job soon that will require me standing on concrete pretty much stationary for many hours a day.
I need help desperately to find some really good insoles that will help.
I can't afford the $200.00 plus custom fit insoles right now.
Hopefully down the road.

Thanks in advance.

Get a rubber mat to stand on. Seriously. They sell mats specifically for that. They do that in grocery stores for the checkout people. It makes a big difference, from what I heard.

Rubber mat is an excellent start. That will make a huge difference. Orthotics will also help make you more comfortable. I put a pair of Superfeet ~$35 or so in a pair of my shoes on the advice of a podiatrist. Inside of a week I went out and bought four more pairs for some more of my shoes. They work.

Last edited:
there's a pair you can get at wal-mart for 8 bucks, there called ENER-GEL Insoles, I work in a factory with concrete floors, been doing it for 9 years, so trust me I know how bad it hurts, I've used these inserts for 5 years, wish I would have know before...I weigh 195lbs... so at the end of the day my legs are tired as well.....

Spenco's. :thumbup:

I worked as a machinist for 25 years, and I used Spenco foam inserts. Great padding as well as arch support.

I wear some gel, full length soles from Dr Scholls. Maybe not the best, but they help and are about $9 from Wallyworld.

Do you have to wear special (uniform) type shoes at your new job? Picking a good shoe/boot from the getgo will help too.

I just found out they do have rubber mats to stand on.
And on the shoe thing I can wear sneakers, workboots, whatever.

I will go look into those suggestions.
Thanks very much for the help

Forget the regular brands. Go to a Wal-Mart or big store and look for the Dr. Scholls Foot Station. You step on the footpad and lean in different directions and the machine picks the best insoles for you based on your foot/body profile.

They are $50 but I haven't found anything that works better.

I have bad painful feet . New Balance makes real good inserts for different kinds of feet. Visit a New Balance store.

I wear some gel, full length soles from Dr Scholls. Maybe not the best, but they help and are about $9 from Wallyworld.

ive done construction since high school (as of late its been slow as hell tho) and thats what i bought. even with cheap boots they help tremendously. 5 days a week 10-12 hrs a day. i replaced them every couple months, but was putting a ton of miles on my feet daily carrying brick/block/80 lb bags of masonry.

I kinda use 2 sets of insoles. Both are just the Dr. Shoals from walmart, but i get one set of the gel insoles which I keep intact and another of the "work" insoles which I cut just the heel part off of and put them on top of the gel insoles. Helps out a lot when you are standing/walking 10 hours a day on concrete, rebar, steel. As far as standing still all day, it sounds like a mat will help a good bit from what other members have said.

Lynco Brand Insoles.

You will have to go somewhere that has the electronic reader for your feet. Based on pressure points they assign what style to get. Dedicated Running/Walking Shoe Stores usually have them.

I think Dr. sholes (sp?) does the same thing now but I love my Lynco's and won't try anything else. Those in my Brooks Beast's and I can do anything ;)

Seriously though, they are great and make a BIG difference on concrete.

Forget the regular brands. Go to a Wal-Mart or big store and look for the Dr. Scholls Foot Station. You step on the footpad and lean in different directions and the machine picks the best insoles for you based on your foot/body profile.

They are $50 but I haven't found anything that works better.

+1, I was unsure these would be worth the money but they are. Hands down the best insoles I have used.

I don't know about the insoles but if I were in your shoes I'd want them to have Vibram soles.

i use "hotsoles" from marksworkwarehouse, this pair is on my 4th set of steel toes. think i paid 40bucks for them.

I just found out they do have rubber mats to stand on.
And on the shoe thing I can wear sneakers, workboots, whatever.

When I worked in a warehouse, I was told that it helps to alternate your shoes. Wear one pair one day, and another the next. I don't know why it helps, but it does. :thumbup:

Back