What Buck are you carrying today?

Two small cover pins/"nails" + solid Ebony covers + "square" bolsters + no dots = pre-1970/1971 = 440C blade.

Wise descion not to get a blade transplant. 😇👍
Replacement blade WILL be a current year 420HC with the current tang stamp. ☹️
They ran out of early 110 blades ages ago.
Even if you offer to pay a premium, they won't replace an early 440C with a current 440C (if available) or S30V; CPM154/154CM or other "advanced" blade steel available in the custom shop, or in a dealer SFO or stealth run 110.
Yes! I have nothing against 420HC - I have quite a few and appreciate its utility and ease of sharpening - but I really like how the 440C sharpens up too. I don't have too many examples of the old 110's so my experience is limited. It's been fun using it today for all the little things you use a knife for.

A couple from a time known as 'The 80's', 1986 to be precise.
One is a finely crafted knife for any and all activities that life throws at you.
The other is a boat anchor with handle that doubles as a cheese grater, and some sort of cutting edge, saw teeth and serrations on one end.(?)🤣
Before my time, but from what I hear the best decade for rock bands, fashion, cars and knives! :thumbsup:
kApaUT0h.jpg

Last edited:
A couple from a time known as 'The 80's', 1986 to be precise.
One is a finely crafted knife for any and all activities that life throws at you.
The other is a boat anchor with handle that doubles as a cheese grater, and some sort of cutting edge, saw teeth and serrations on one end.(?)🤣
Before my time, but from what I hear the best decade for rock bands, fashion, cars and knives! :thumbsup:
sfJJXqAh.jpg
O-rings on the handle?? Interseting. Probably doesn't work as well on cheese that way.

Ain't those spear points? 🤔
Sorry. I always "thought" these are a drop point.
View attachment 2559153
(please forgive the medieval style non - Buck kneck/pocket knife on the bottom.)
Well, the 112 is advertised by Buck as a drop point. I bought the Case so long ago, I don't know what it was actually listed as. Could have been a spear point, but it has a similar shape as the 112. What I do know is that I like 'em.

I had the Mango one that just didn't get a lot of pocket time. I eventually resold it and made my money back. But I missed the little knife, and couldn't resist buying one now that they are on discontinued pricing. Such useful little guys.
The natural g10 probably gets the most pocket time out of the flock, but Mango and R2D2 are no slouches. I was bummed to see that Buck's discontinuing these.

Back