What did you use your becker for today?

Flexxx

BANNED
What did you use your becker for today?

I see a few other groups on this forum that are asking this question about
the brand of knives they like (thought becker needed one)

SO?

I made some sheaths with my ESKabar. I use it for trim work, and thread cutting. I also used my BK2 for patterns for some designs I am working on (not having much luck though), and I used my BK9 to make a sammich, I just pointed it at all the fixin's on the counter and said,

SANDWICH!!!!!!!!

In a loud, Zeus type voice and viola, nothing happened. I think my BK9 is defective or something. I'll call Kabar tomorrow and see if the techs can figure it out for me.

Moose

well I tried my BK2 in the kitchen just for kicks, It's obviously not designed for this chore but thought I'd give it a go..

I also battoned a little with it.. not much today... ask me again tomorrow:D

IMG_2132.jpg

I took my BK2 out on a hike today and used my Necker to cut up some meat for chili.

Thought about grinding off the thumb rump on my BK9, but that's as far as a I got.

Saturday afternoon I used the bk-11 on my pack strap to cut a bramble "strand" (whatever that's called) away from my chosen treestand tree.

That evening we were out of kindling, so I shaved some from the firewood w/ my BK-2 to start a fire... in the woodstove!

:-D

-Daizee

Oh wait, I used 'em both today too, for reference sizes.

Used my JW Smith Tanto to cut coupons at the store while shopping with the wife this morning.
Used it again tonight while in the Christmas tree lot to cut the strings keeping the trees tied tight.
Love this knife.

Sadly not much at all today...um... yesterday....I've been busy getting ready and rested up for a long day of photography out in the snow and low temps tomorrow...err today I mean. I have been waiting on this day since the end of last winter :) . I hope to have a better answer for this question later on tonight when I get back in though :thumbup:

On Sunday I took my BK-2 and BK-11 with me into a cold English woodland to practice some skills. I prised barch from some dead standing birch trees for tinder -it doesn't come off very easily at the moment. I also had a go at chopping through a couple of logs - say about 4" diameter. I also tried chopping off some smaller side limbs of trees and hacking through some bramble / briar. Then I scraped up some of the barch so that it would take a spark using my BK-11. Quite a good morning really!

Used my JW Smith Tanto to cut coupons at the store while shopping with the wife this morning.
Used it again tonight while in the Christmas tree lot to cut the strings keeping the trees tied tight.
Love this knife.

:confused: Am I the only one lost here? :D

I cut a mango with a BK-2 and played around with patina.

No, he meant your Becker KNIVES, silly.:p
Badump Crash.
I here all night, try the veal.
Moose

where do you think the full length machax tatoo is going? :)

i had the salmon spider moose

spidermoose.gif

Psyche-at-ree. Just holding one raises my spirits.
They're better than soma.

Soma-"All the advantages of Christianity and alcohol; none of their defects." A.H.

today (so far) I used my BK2 to baton some firewood into kindling to start a fire here.. then after that I took some 220 to the spine for a while to help smooth out the factory grinds.. :D

Saturday morning I made a brush shelter in mom's back yard and used my BK-9 for all my cutting needs. Pics to come in a new thread sometime this week...

Today, I used my BK-2 to slice some apples and provide scale for some ginormous coyote tracks (I was deer hunting with my longbow).

20101213_ac_11.jpg

---

Beckerhead #42

Back