What did you use your SAK for today?

CSG CSG it's unfortunate that Mr. Chuck Yeager (RIP) isn't with us to shed some light on the orange peeler's usefulness. As you have likely heard, it has been reported that the Executive was his EDC. Also, his choice as an exclusive backpack-fishing knife for two week long outings into the Sierra Nevada mountains. He may have found an additional use or two that we just haven't considered yet.
Either way, both Chuck Yeager and the Exec are ongoing legends.
If you discover any other uses for the blade about nothing, please share with us. :)
Have a good evening, kind sir.
I knew Yeager carried a SAK but I always thought it was the Classic. I've got both his autobiographies but haven't read them in years. I used to fly and lived in Sacto many years ago. Went to a lot of local airshows hoping I'd run into him sometime. I think he was living in Grass Valley, Nevada City, somewhere up in the hills. Anyway, I'll have to do some digging to find out more about his experience with the Executive. Yeager was a prime time stud.

Agreed, he once said something to the effect of, I don't think anyone will ever again get a chance to fly like me.
PM sent.

Last edited:
IMG-1943.jpg

Huntsman helped with some fencing to keep the deer away

I knew Yeager carried a SAK but I always thought it was the Classic. I've got both his autobiographies but haven't read them in years. I used to fly and lived in Sacto many years ago. Went to a lot of local airshows hoping I'd run into him sometime. I think he was living in Grass Valley, Nevada City, somewhere up in the hills. Anyway, I'll have to do some digging to find out more about his experience with the Executive. Yeager was a prime time stud.

Yeager retired from the Air Force, and lived in Lone Pine, California. It was the foothills of his beloved Sierra Nevada mountains and the trout fishing he loved. On Saturday mornings, he could often be found at the NAPA auto parts store, sometimes helping out his friends behind the counter. He was a huge fix-it-himself guy.

Back