what do you carry with you sebenza

I don't have a really nice watch yet, partly as I use all the alarms and timers on my timex

here's my small sebbi with a Orb RAW NS torch
EDCbackdrop.jpg

sadly carrying a locking knife in the UK is a no no unless you have a specific reason so most of the time I carry a WH legacy

What type of wood is that? It is gorgeous.

God help me, I didn't even know what a Sebenza was up until several years ago.

looks like Box Elder inlays or maple burl. My guess is Box Elder! ...it's beautiful!

I'll take it!:D:thumbup:

Jules

It's a box elder. I've been told it's a one of a kind, 8 were made for true north knives but only 2 with plain screws one large one small

I think this shot shows the colour better
back.jpg

though the grain on the larger knife shows the wood better
pair.jpg

that is quite the pair of sebs you have there !:thumbup:

in answer to your question i carry:

seb ld reg dbl lug im my front right pocket

dozier buffalo hunter cross draw left side.

surefire A2 on belt

sog powerlock next to A2 on belt

this is my edc pretty much all the time. wallet keys phone hat etc. all goes without saying.

more things can be added as needed ie camping hiking etc. with a pack carry options change but these things are always around.

These two things are always with me, my small Sebenza and my SMP (SMP is now on a Zulu strap the Sebenza is quite a bit more beat up these days). I also always have a Atwood Prybaby on my keychain and usually some sort of pen...anything from a Pelikan M215 or K215 to a Parker Jotter w/ gel refill. That's it though, I travel lightly.

smppm7.jpg

It's funny that you mentioned a watch to go with it because I had been looking for one.

I have a large regular Sebenza and found the perfect (in my eyes) watch to go with it.

Its a blue dialed Seiko Ti Samurai automatic diver. Each has a matte Ti finish and the blue dial and blue thumb stud compliment each other very well. They are both tough as hell and meant to get the job done but they don't mind looking good while doing it.

Small Mammoth Ivory
Sinn EZM3
Titanium Space Pen
Led light

dave

4z4o3et.jpg

My everyday carry knife is the large box elder Sebenza. Always in my pocket is the little James Barber era slipjoint. I also carry a fixed blade when out fishing or strolling around. This one is a small bushcraft model as made by Stuart Mitchell of Sheffield, England. The watch is a Rolex Sea Dweller and the wee torch is an Arc AAA.

100_2460.jpg

Mark

That fixed blade is incredible. How hard are they to get?

I NEED one !!!...............:D

That fixed blade is incredible. How hard are they to get?

It's a beautifully finished knife, So-Lo. The Sambar Stag is exceptionally good for whittling where the knife is moved around in your hand a lot - and it's still comfortable. Stu is accepting knife orders and you'll find his details on the thread he made about this particular one over on British Blades which you can click to below.

http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40683

He's a gentleman to deal with, too :)

Mark

Thanks, I will check him out.

Back on topic, I carry a Midnight Manager2 RFP with my Sebbie.

Missing in this picture is my wallet, car keys, work keys and very outdated cellphone.

He's a gentleman to deal with, too :)
Mark
he offered to let me use visit his workshop to do a few bits of a kitchen knife I was having trouble with. I just hope the exchange rate of the pound doesn't hurt his buisness

I really like that ti pen. I'll have to find a source for one

27513826ms4.jpg

Large plain Classic and Breitling Old Navitimer. The watch is on me 95% of the time, the Sebenza has been with me most of the time since I`ve got it in may. Before that I`ve carried my large cream ivory inlaid Classic.

I sure appreciate how God has blessed me with the following:

EDC:
Either a Small Classic S30V Seb, or a Small Regular Fly graphic Bg42.
Strider SNG
Hinderer Kubaton Pen
Prybaby XL
Surefire E1L
Charge Ti
Bic
SAK (not sure which model)
Keychain etc
Watch - Casio Pathfinder - Absolutely killer for the woodsman - (the compass actually helped me locate a little Ginseng today - Thank you Lord!!:).

When I'm in the woods, I add either a Busse Basic 5, or a Scrapyard YG.

Be Well,

sp

These are cool threads. There was one done early last year. Always fun to see what others have in their pockets. I've added a few items since this photo, but basically the same...
Dailycary2.jpg

Back