What else do you take with you?

A little bit ago I made a series of videos where I go over the pack and stuff that I live out of.

It covers my daily living homeless/couchsurfing in cities, sleeping outside in cities, riding trains, and spending time in the wilderness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jin36qgDiJc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jin36qgDiJc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLRrKBV22cM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEM7p_s87vo

I watched a few buddy, and will check the rest out later. I like real world reality based info like yours. I hitch hiked across Canada twice in my early twenties and you use what works.:thumbup: I'm in the process of refining one day bag and one over nighter. My over nighter is quite similar to your general bag. Maybe not for everyone, but I get it. Thanks. ;)

I watched a few buddy, and will check the rest out later. I like real world reality based info like yours. I hitch hiked across Canada twice in my early twenties and you use what works.:thumbup: I'm in the process of refining one day bag and one over nighter. My over nighter is quite similar to your general bag. Maybe not for everyone, but I get it. Thanks. ;)

Thanks man!

I guess I'd consider myself a backpacker/hiker as opposed to a 'bushcrafter', I have very limited primitive skills in a modern world. ;)

I will post pics later but for anything overnight......

kelty redwing 3000
butane stove
GI canteen/cup/kettle
3 season tent (mosquito net/tarp or lean to in the summer)
head lamp, flashlight, and a reading clip on light
FAK
PSK
machete/folding saw/SA mora/esee 4 (soon will be my bk2 next trip)
rice/beans, condiments,energy bars..

everything changes up with time except the kelty redwing, I really don't think I'll ever use anything else...

no matter how prepared you may be, there will always be something you wished you brought with you, it never fails, so climate will change your system almost everytime, pending location etc its imperative to prep your body for the outing days before to help endure the 'what if' scenarios..

the only way to design a system to fit 'your' needs, is to get out, get wet and see what works and doesn't work for you..and adjust it from there..

take care,

rob

+1 for the Redwing. I love that bag. It's perfect. It can hold a heavy load (and distributes the weight REALLY well), or it can shrink down nicely with a smaller load due to well-placed compression straps. I'm a big fan.

Not sure why I didn't turn and snap a pic of the pack and stuff, but lately this is a big part of my edc gear...yes, work not play...sadly :grumpy:

DSC_7403.jpg

I know everyone here is a knife guy.
But only 2 people mentioned carrying a gun into the woods.
To me a glock is a go everywhere piece of gear.
Thanks for gear ideas.

I know everyone here is a knife guy.
But only 2 people mentioned carrying a gun into the woods.
To me a glock is a go everywhere piece of gear.
Thanks for gear ideas.

I always have my Colt with me. I tend to not over publicise my firearm carry, some folks don't think highly of it, even here. Most on these forums carry, but there are some that don't. I really don't like getting into a "Why do you carry a gun thing" on public forums, it always turns south, in a hurry.

I been carrying a pistol since I was 15yrs old, and yes there is story for that, and no ya'll can't here that one. Nothing dirty, or secret, just my story, and that one doesn't get shared publicly. I sleep with a gun on my night stand and have many firearms stationed around the house, and I practice my skills with a firearm quite diligently. I suggest everyone do the same.

I loves me some 45 ACP and hence the name, Moosez45.

Moose

I always have my Colt with me. I tend to not over publicise my firearm carry, some folks don't think highly of it, even here. Most on these forums carry, but there are some that don't. I really don't like getting into a "Why do you carry a gun thing" on public forums, it always turns south, in a hurry.

I been carrying a pistol since I was 15yrs old, and yes there is story for that, and no ya'll can't here that one. Nothing dirty, or secret, just my story, and that one doesn't get shared publicly. I sleep with a gun on my night stand and have many firearms stationed around the house, and I practice my skills with a firearm quite diligently. I suggest everyone do the same.

I loves me some 45 ACP and hence the name, Moosez45.

Moose

i also have a long history with the things :) love'em. am currently in a position to get some INTERESTING stuff these days (and sometimes the money; i work hard, save harder ;> never know when someone might be selling a machax ;>)

on the other side, i don't talk about them a lot in public forums. just doesn't seem, you know, polite. mmm.

next year my goal is marksman shooting 200 yds with a .22L :) 50 yds with pistol. i'm funny in the head that way. it's cheap fun too.

gun or knife. knife or gun. BOTH!

Back