What exactly are "Neutral Grain Spirits"?????

Jerry Busse

hmmmmmmm. . . . . .and why are they the majority of what I'm drinking????? ;)

I'm starting to think that it has something to do with this bottle of "Kentucky Bluegrass Bourbon" that I'm drinking having a tag on it that says $3.42 !!!! ;)

Jerry

You need some more of the good stuff!;)
The Debbo will provide your waters of sin...:D :D :cool:

You should try some genu-ine West Virginia Hill-Billy Moonshine :eek: it'd be a great way to strip coating off blades!

Nevermind. I was gonna be mean to those south of the Ohio, but remembered who is from there.....(river rat...)

Pure ethyl alcohol. It can be made from almost any plant material because it is distilled and filtered so that it has no flavor or color. Most is made from corn in the U.S. Two good examples are Everclear and Finsprit. I have a pint bottle of Everclear. It says 190 proof. It also has a warning not to open the bottle near a flame. :eek:

Neutral Grain Spirits??? Ain't nothin' neutral about 'em!!! 'Shine ain't nothin' but just the orneriest devil distilled and bottled and handed to ya casual by some slow-talkin' shyster ne'er-do-well ya just met on a hot lazy afternoon somewhere down a red clay backcountry piney-woods road in the middle o' nowhere. And after goin' a few rounds with that ol' hellfire bottle, then comin' to in the middle of a peanut field rollin' and crawlin' in the dirt with a one-eyed cur dog chewin' yer hat and a smiling half-naked crone ugly enough to scare the hide off'n a hawg scrabblin' her way toward you croonin' "aw hon, we's so good fer each otha", you'll know it too and swear on your own mother's soul you'll never touch that vile s***t again. Until the next time... ;)

I believe it is a clear alchahol with over 95% pure alchahol in it... in other words... have a sip, and prepare to start seeing things that shouldn't be there... blue light, aliens, etc...

For the right experience go to New Orleans!

Best mixed with a big ol' slurpee from 7-11 to take the bite off, yum!
On the down side, if you make a habit of this you will have to increase your eyeglass prescription as you get older because the alcohol will make you go blind, Be careful Jerry.

The last time I was on Ol' Virginny they was selling something called White Lightening in Mason jars. No kidding. They had it in the ABC stores. It was corn whiskey that was not aged. It had the tax stamp and everything. I almost bought some, but decided on the Everclear instead. You can't get either in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia.

By the way, it's not ethyl alcohol that made folks go blind. It was the methenol in denatured alcohol that messed them up.

Everclear is 190 proof (95%) and is usefult otake along on camping trips. It dries wet feet out, good for areas that got bug bites or contact reaction rashes, it is great for starting fires with wet kindling and even is useful in taking the edge off of things as long as you don't do too much of it straight. Just a good, all around outdoor gear type of thing to have.;)

Originally posted by Bobby B
You should try some genu-ine West Virginia Hill-Billy Moonshine :eek: it'd be a great way to strip coating off blades!

Just in case Jerry needs something to drink... would sending some bottles of Scotch be a accepted payment method?

Back