What hawkbill-shaped knife would you recommend?

I have to agree the Spyderco Harpy G-10 was a great deal especially when Smoky Mountain knife work had it for $42.99 a while back. Also the Kershaw Ti Talon was $39.99. Civilian is a great knife but you will never find it for sale. Spyderco does not make a lot of them so they are great collector pieces too and really nice. Vector and Krestal are great. Microtech really does a great job on their knives. You will pay a little more for them but they are worth it. Other than that a lot of custom makers make hawkbill type folders. Reese Weiland makes awesome ones. Pat Crawford, Elisewits. The only hard part is to choose. Have fun.

Liong

------------------
Follow The Path of Fantasies.

Spyderco Civilian, Matriarch, Harpy, Merlin

There is no man worth a leke,
Be he sturdy, be he meke,
But he bear a basilard.

Kershaw Talon $35.00 on Ebay.

ATS-34, Titanium handle, steel liner-lock, removable steel clip, reversable thumb stud. Serrated or plain edged.

Nice and cheap, as well as being tough and sharp. Great deal.

I would love to have a kestral, or hawk from MT, but that is way beyond my budget.

Daniel D.

UHUM!
What about the Masters Of Defense Ladyhawk? That seems to me exactly what you are looking for...the quality is almost that of the Microtechs....the length is just about right,not too long, and in my opinion is what i feel is just right for your requirements.

Do give it a thought willya?

------------------
silent souls leave .308 holes

I know you said folders but this knife has a lot of merit, 3 1/4" blade, 6 1/2" overall and stag handles under $125 with sheath, Mike Irie does an execellent job on these, I've had mine a few weeks now and use it at work and it's very handy and recommend one for everyday work!

s700.jpg

G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

G2 LeatherWorks

Richard, nope not a sharpened front edge, just a bevel on both sides and along the top are some finger grooves for control when using the tip, very nice work and reasonable price, holds a good edge too.

G2

Back