What is a rolling lock?

I am curious what exactly a rolling lock is, and what it's advantages over other types of locks are. Thanks!
Steve

Chiro75
The Rolling Lock was designed and Patented by us at REKAT. The Rolling Lock is from what our competors who have tested it to be Strongest locking system out there. Spyderco's inhouse R&D man Pat (the knife killer)Kelly has tested a pioneer at 580 pounds 2.4 inches from the pivot. Hell Lynn Thompson at Cold Steel wants to license the lock. All said and done Lynn is a strength nut when it comes to locks in folding knives. The Rolling Lock is basicaly a cam with a cut out to allow the tange of the folder to pass through. when the knife rotates into locked position the cam engages the tangs recess and locks the knife. Since we cam the notch and it counter rotates the Rolling Lock gets stronger with age unlike the Liner Lock and Lock Back that as friction starts eroding the material they get weaker and sloppier. To make a Rolling Lock fail you have to (1) Shear the Lock or (2) Make the liners fail. This years models we beefed up the liners and continue to look to making a stronger better knife. Maybe Spark can post a drawing here so you can see the basics.

Bob Taylor

I think I get it...tell you what. I'd be glad to test an Escalator for ya. Email me for my home address! ;-)
Thanks for the reply!

Steve

I would like to see some pictures, if at all possible. Would Spark be willing to post them here, or can someone please EMAIL them to interested forumites?

Thanks in advance.
PS: My EMAIL is heynsv@liw.denel.co.za

Heyns -- here's a scan from www.roundeye.com page, but i guess they haven't updated it yet as the release of the lock is now located on the right scale...

rekatusa.jpg

Back