What is most used tool on your SAK other than the blade?

I want to know what tool on your SAK other than the blade do you turn to the most? Also thought we might learn some new uses for some of our trusted SAKS.

For me I tend to use the flat head a lot. I pry stuff open, wedge things, scrape things, remove staples, open battery cases, and Lord only knows how often I use it to work on my kids toys. A SAK such be standard issue by the government to every parent as required parent equipment.

Last edited:
May sound strange but, the tweezers seem to come in handy quite often, mostly for splinters. After that the nail file gets used from time to time, usually smoothing out a broken finger nail. I don't know, maybe I'm too rough on my hands but this I do know, the SAKs I carry are often used to help me to be more comfortable. During those times I'm really glad to have either a Classic, an Executive or a trusty Apprentice with me.

Last edited:
Screw driver!

I've lost count how many things I've fixed by just being able to get 'into' it and fiddling around, or just tightening up something.

depends on the SAK, if it's one of my 93mm Alox's it would be the awl for just about everything imaginable. If we are talking 84mm-91mm it would be one of the screwdrivers, probably the large flathead with cap lifter. But, if i'm really honest, it might actually be the toothpick!

Hard to say. I use all the tools on mine, the frequency depending on what's going on in my daily doings. Lately, for example, after years of being all but unused, the corkscrew on my wife's Climber and my Sportsman are getting daily workouts because our wing type cork puller is broken. I would have to make a check list to verify (unlikely,) but it seems to me they all get used about equally.

The bottle opener by far is the most used after the main blade.

I will come at this from a different angle and say the main Blade is the least used tool on my SAK's
I very rarely just carry a SAK , so cutting duties are the domain of my chosen single bladed EDC knife and not the SAK .

Ken

I did the same as far as carrying a single blade and my Swiss. But I have almost stopped carrying the single because I find myself lately turning to the Swiss for everything. Especially away from home because people just don't notice or care when I pull out the Swiss in public. I still keep a single bladed in my pack.

Strangely enough the Pliers on my Swiss Champ have been coming in handy all the time lately.

I use the drivers far more often than the blade. A philips always seems to be in need.

Scissors for me.

SAK_4.jpg

Aside from the large cutting blade the reamer tool and the screwdrivers on my Tinker SAK get alot of use.

I want to know what tool on your SAK other than the blade do you turn to the most? Also thought we might learn some new uses for some of our trusted SAKS.

For me I tend to use the flat head a lot. I pry stuff open, wedge things, scrape things, remove staples, open battery cases, and Lord only knows how often I use it to work on my kids toys. A SAK such be standard issue by the government to every parent as required parent equipment.

Yep! It's the same tool for me also... The large flat-tip for bottles, but also for scraping, light prying, etc.

I will come at this from a different angle and say the main Blade is the least used tool on my SAK's
I very rarely just carry a SAK , so cutting duties are the domain of my chosen single bladed EDC knife and not the SAK .

Ken

Same here, my Stockman or whatever traditional pocket knife is my "knife". The SAK is a "tool", but I don't use the blade on it much at all.

Bottleopener, without a doubt ... living in the self dedicated Land Of Beverage and handbrewed beer a bottleopener is a tool that works for very all cases :p :D

Back