What is this CUTCO KA-BAR Collab about???

Guyon, please read your email. I had no idea that you had warned me to remove this post. I wasn't bumping anything. As a matter of fact, this is ridiculous. I would have happily removed this post if I had known that there was an issue. I was not bumping, I accidently made a random post while scrolling through my old posts... I wasn't actively checking on this thread. That should speak volumes to you right there that I was indeed not trying to sell anything, and the post in question was over a year old. I had accidently made a random post when going through my old threads and edited "please remove". I had no idea and was surprised to see that I was issued an infraction for something. I assure you that I only had selfless intentions here, and am disappointed that you didn't private message me with your warning. No disrespect, that makes no sense at all.

Zemapeli, I'm sorry you feel slighted. Such was not my intent, and a warning is simply a warning. It carries no points and just gets the post on record in case of recurrence.
It's not something to worry about unless you plan to post solicitations for sales in the future.

You do not have Private Messages as an option. I emailed a request to the address you have registered with BFC and waited till the next day.
I do not see a response from you via email, either in my Inbox or in my Spam folder. I'm not sure how I should contact you if email doesn't work.
I would never have seen the solicitation post if you had not bumped the thread, but I have no way of know your intent. That's why I emailed first and asked you to remove.
You posted several things the next day after my email was sent and did not remove the post, so I assumed you were ignoring the request.

Zemapeli, I'm sorry you feel slighted. Such was not my intent, and a warning is simply a warning. It carries no points and just gets the post on record in case of recurrence.
It's not something to worry about unless you plan to post solicitations for sales in the future.

You do not have Private Messages as an option. I emailed a request to the address you have registered with BFC and waited till the next day.
I do not see a response from you via email, either in my Inbox or in my Spam folder. I'm not sure how I should contact you if email doesn't work.
I would never have seen the solicitation post if you had not bumped the thread, but I have no way of know your intent. That's why I emailed first and asked you to remove.
You posted several things the next day after my email was sent and did not remove the post, so I assumed you were ignoring the request.

Well, hey. You have to do what you have to do. I've been on this forum for over three years now, I'll still be here. Rules are rules. All the best Guyon. :thumbup:

Wow that knife looks to have had great potential and then it got all screwed up. I like the Extreme style handle and the blade grind without the fuller, very clean looking. But the serrations are problematic, the 440A is junk regardless of heat treat and at $200 its a huge rip off. They could have had something cool here.

The green looks stupid and 440A doesn't impress me. Such steels could have been made in China and heat treated by Barack Hussein Obama for all I know (or care). As far as I'm concerned, Cutco/Kabar really made a huge marketing/manufacturing error.

Kabar is #1, but in this case, they stepped in #2!

Ka-Bar is a great name from out of history because they produced over a million of the real Ka-Bar USMC fighting knives that were issued during WW2, far more than the other 3 companies that also were contracted to manufacture them. Their knives were not just fighting knives they were also utility tools and a great blend between and relatively indestructible tool and a deadly knife that held it's edge pretty well.

Long after that I think the knife went out of production but was copied a lot by other manufactures because it was a hugely successful design.

In more modern times the knife design was manufactured again generally using the same specifications used during WW2, but the new ones I've seen don't have a factory sharp clip point.

In 1996, almost yesterday, Cutco bought Ka-Bar and the right to apply their name to any piece of junk they want to call a Cutco Ka-Bar complete with serrations that NEVER existed on the original USMC Ka-Bar knives. It's a horribly overpriced mediocre version that is an insult to the real think, and only acceptable to me because they clearly stamp CUTCO right on it. Might as well come from Ginsu, I'd be more impressed. Ginsu knives are sharp too when you get them but at least Ginsu doesn't pretend to make the highest quality knives in the world.

Ginsu knows they sell cheap knives with decently case hardened blades, and knows when you wear one out you will throw it away and buy a new one. Only Cutco tries to convince ignorant people their knives will be sharp forever, and even offers to touch up the edge for a shipping and handling cost that is so high you could by a comparable Ginsu fo that much money.

Only Cutco proves their knives are "better" by testing them with a fixture that only proves they make good saws. I bet any course hacksaw blade would beat the Cutco knives in that test. Cutco is for SUCKERS.

Buy the older version for half the price, don't buy the Cutco Ka-Bar. At least if they follow the old design from WW2 you will get a decent knife with a little history behind it.

Interesting. Just wondering what was your motivation for posting this on a thread that hasn't been used in almost three years.

Back