What kind of sheaths do you guys like for your edc's?

C Bryant

Gold Member
I'm just curious how you guys like to carry you edc's? Pocket, neck, belt, or other, and what kind of sheath you use/like. Here are three of my most used edc's and sheaths. I made the the one on the left and middle, the one on the right came with my baby kephart from Stomper. Depending on the size of the knife I prefer neck carry, but it is not always the best way out in public and depending on the some activities tends to get in the way. So belt or pocket is where most of mine end up, but after talking with a police officer recently (just in conversation, I wasn't in trouble) he told me that the only legal way I can carry a fixed blade of any size legally is fully exposed on my body (in my neck of the woods, I'm sure it is different around the country). So pocket carry is legally out of the question....legally speaking, doesn't mean I'm going to stop carrying the small ones in my pocket. Anyway, that got me to thinking about how you guys carry yours and maybe making myself a different style of belt sheath that does not really resemble a knife sheath with a cover flap, kind of like a leatherman sheath. Just some thoughts.

DSC03801.jpg

DSC03800.jpg

DSC03802.jpg

Kydex is nice and flat-good for pocket carry. I am a huge fan of leather, but it isn't the best for that type of carry. I like the left sheath a lot!

unfortunatly, i do not currently have a knife in the edc fixed blade class. but, i am making one (although production slowed down a tad this afternoon when i nearly lost my left index finger) that should fill the bill nicely. i plan on making a slim leather sheath, with no belt loop or pocket clip, just to keep the size as low as possible. i personally dont like kydex all that much, but it would definatly be great from a utilitarian aspect.

I prefer leather for larger blades, but for neck knives, I want kydex. Lemme say, that while I can't get into carrying it with the handle up, like countless men and women have for thousands of years, with Johns sheath that came with the HB, it is still a great sheath. I've been in the woods, the fields etc, working, hiking what have you, and it has stayed secure in the sheath, around my neck.

Last edited:
I think leather for outdoors and "tradional style" knives, and kydex for neck knives and "tactical" knives (whatever that is :D)

I prefer leather for knives I carry on my belt. However since I wear a suit to work, my EDC is a small fixed blade in my pocket. Kydex works best for me, but the Sharp Shooter pocket sheaths are great also.

I prefer a pocket clip that allows me to carry a FB in my front pocket and only have a small portion of the bottom of the handle showing above the pocket.

Back