What knife styles would everyone like to see?

NWA

The year is winding down and I was just wanting to post a question for you guys and gals. Does anyone have any designs or ideas they would like to see me make?

Thanks
Nick:)

Well, I was literally just looking thru your website looking for a nice edc that I can carry in my front pocket in a sharpshooter type sheath. Your mini-scout might fit the bill but I was trying to fing the dimensions. Also, a scaled down version of the bird and trout might work. Since this would be an everyday utility blade, less "skinner" and more drop point would be cool. That White Creek you made for your son scaled down a bit would prob be perfect - 3.25" blade and a 3.5" to 3.75" handle and I'd go for it in a second.

Noah

How about a nice Turkey carver for the hollidays??

Atleast that is what I am in need of ....

I actually have one of those I have been using to process deer. The only thing I need to do is take a picture or two of it. It looks a lot like the Lightfield but with a bull nose, like the Safari Skinner. It cuts freakin amazing too:eek:

I'll get some pics of it tonight.

Noah, nice talking with you eariler today. I will be working on some scetches over the next day or two.

Thanks guys

Cool!! I'd love to see the pics Nick! What specs did yo make it?

Take a look at the post where I was showing the Lightfield. It is basicly, the same knife with a bit different blade shape.

Thanks

I am not really sure ? Something in A2 you have most of the basic blade design taken care of....I'll hafta think on it

I'm thinkin an EDC would be nice to see :thumbup:. 3" blade, 3"-4" handle, drop point, maybe slightly scalloped scales towards the front of the handle to give room for a thumb in the chest lever grip.

Some good ideas being thrown around here:thumbup: I have a twist on the TK knife I am working on. It has more of a drop point and will have a bit of tang exposed at the butt of the handle. It will be made from 1/8" D-2. I think I'll make the handles with the shape that Russell is speaking of too.

I am still working on some drawings of a new EDC knife. Sometimes they just jump out on the paper and other times, it is almost impossible to something going.

How about something like this....

design037.jpg

How about something like this....

design037.jpg

Nice Pit. I like a Sheep's foot...that might be more of a semi-Sheep's foot, but I like the little bit of belly you've added.

I'd leave out the swell on the spine or soften it a fair bit, but that's nice.

Some good ideas being thrown around here:thumbup: I have a twist on the TK knife I am working on. It has more of a drop point and will have a bit of tang exposed at the butt of the handle. It will be made from 1/8" D-2. I think I'll make the handles with the shape that Russell is speaking of too.

I am still working on some drawings of a new EDC knife. Sometimes they just jump out on the paper and other times, it is almost impossible to something going.

I think the twist on the TK sounds interesting. I like D2, I like the TK knife, and I like 1/8" blades.

How about a short bowie 6-7 inch blade or a vest pocket bowie 4-5 to 5 inch blade

Again, great ideas here fellas. Pit, I really like that drawing. I have to agree with Rotte, in that, I too think it would be eaiser on the hand with a softer hump on the spine. I think, what I will do is make one with it and one without.

Thanks
Nick:thumbup:

YES..... I would very much like to see a short, stout clip point or bowie style (not too pointy) with a broad flat ground blade and integral guard. :thumbup:

How about a short bowie 6-7 inch blade or a vest pocket bowie 4-5 to 5 inch blade

Back