what lights ya carry??

I have a few surefires and alot of batteries in the bob, but my trusty companion is an origional surefire G2 its been with me since airborne school and sported a sexy new red light filter when it went with me to ranger school (where i got a knee injury o im still a tabless bitch :( ) its been with me for years and i love and trust it.

I also always carry an inova micolight with me on my keychain, most of my bags and all of my writing keepers have a photon or inova microlight on them, wheneve ri get a bag i snap off the zipper pulls if they ar emetal and replace them with paracord during that prcess i tend to put a light on at least one zipper either red or white.

Surefire 6P with SF 80 lumen LED (Batteries last soooo much longer)

Surefire E1L was my EDC light for about 3 years (until I lost it)

Now I carry my Surefire L4

I made the switch from Surefire (I think it's the E1e) to a few Streamlights - Scorpion and TwinTask (both 2 cr123 models), Wolf Eyes (I think the Raider model - 3xCR123 incandescent bulb) then to Fenix/Civictor. The Civictor (1xAA) is my bedside light and my EDC has changed from the Fenix P1 to the P1D CE with Leef body to the P2D, then P2D Q5 and I'm currently using the PD20. I need to update my pics sometime but here are (from Left to right) the P1, P1D CE with Leef body and the original P2D.

fenixp1p1dceleefbodyp2dyd0.jpg

By naturalmystic at 2007-05-04

EDIT: Just found this other photo which includes the Streamlight Keymates on left, P1, Civictor, Streamlight E1e, Streamlight Scorpion and the Wolf Eyes.

I've also got the Ritter Photon, a Photon II and several Phautons with 40K mcd 5mm LED upgrades, several Pico Lights (smaller version of Photons but with 3mm LEDs instead)

nigelsflashlightcollect.jpg

By NaturalMystic at 2009-05-28

Last edited:
I have a 6D cell Maglite, that I use as a paper weight, a 3D cell Maglite, AA Maglite, Surefire E2D Defender, Surefire 6P, Photon II, and the LED lamp on my Casio cellphone.

I should probably upgrade to some of the modern LED versions of the flashlights that are incandescent.

Yes,
How much did you pay for that one? That is one I have been looking at getting.
I paid $55 for it. Seems to be about the same price everywhere. I also picked up the diffuser tip for another 3 bucks. Turns the light into a great reading or area light:)

Surefire:
6P
E2E with GG&G attitude adjuster
M951
M900A-RD
M900A-WH

Insight M3

Maglite:
Solitaire
Minimag with Nite Ize LED and switch upgrade

Photon II

Petzel Tikka headlamp

US GI D Cell anglehead flashlight

I have a Petzl headlamp,4 Streamlights,4 mag-lights,(yes I like 'em) 1 3d mag-light LED converted,6 white LED Photon Freedoms,FenixE01,Swiss army AA led, have a few on my list to get as well from Fenix

Take my Fenix L1D Q5 everywhere. Wish it had momentary on rather than stupid SOS mode, but it is an awesome AA light.

Surefire 6P Led or a Nitecore D20 (2 AA batteries), it is nice to have every electronic item take the same sized batteries. It is also nice to have a solar charger that will keep things working on extended trips.

Just before I headed out the door to come to the office the mailman delivered my new pre-ordered NiteCore EZ AA, billed as the world's smallest AA flashlight. It's a 2 stage twisty with a low of 10 lumens for up to 20 hrs, and hi of 130 lumens for up to 50mins. Weighs 20g without the battery. Pre-orders from 4Sevens also included a USB rechargeable NiMh AA battery that I'm charging off my laptop as I write this. You just pop the cap off the +ve end (attached by a small elastic). I'm anxious to compare the output to my PD20 and it will likely replace my P2D Q5 for a while as my backup EDC light.

I ordered a new PD30 (GF claimed the first one) and a P1D, but on the emailed invoice it shows them shipping an L1D. I was gonna cause a fuss, but thinking about it I have a ton of 123 lights and no AA's. really if you need a survival light as stated earlier in this thread, a single AA is the way to go. So I will keep my mouth shut. probly better off actually.

Just before I headed out the door to come to the office the mailman delivered my new pre-ordered NiteCore EZ AA, billed as the world's smallest AA flashlight. It's a 2 stage twisty with a low of 10 lumens for up to 20 hrs, and hi of 130 lumens for up to 50mins. Weighs 20g without the battery. Pre-orders from 4Sevens also included a USB rechargeable NiMh AA battery that I'm charging off my laptop as I write this. You just pop the cap off the +ve end (attached by a small elastic). I'm anxious to compare the output to my PD20 and it will likely replace my P2D Q5 for a while as my backup EDC light.

that sounds like a sweet light man!!

P1010861.jpg

Fenix T1 or Nightcore defender infinity \limited\

P1010732.jpg

i also EDC'd a Gerber recon but i lost it in the woods :( :mad:

Petzl Tikka plus
Two Petzl e+lites
Surfire G2 and G2led
Hand full of Princetontec eclipse II's
At last count 9 Maglites from Two 4d's ( one LED) down ( I spent 12yrs working security)
Most use Petzls
Carl
Trail wolf "You are the light". LOL

Fenix L2D Q5 for hiking/outdoors

Surefire G2L for bedside or outdoor use secondary to L2D

I also have LED Mini Mags, a 4D LED Maglite, a bunch of keychain lights (county comm $1 lights, Photons, Fenix E01s)

Looking to pick up a Surefire E2DL and Fenix LD20, and some kind of head-lamp soon. And something like the LD01 or whatever it is, those bright keychain lights with modes.

Fenix TK-10, photon freedom and since a few days a Zebralight H30. Now that one rocks! So small yet so handy with the 80 degrees flood. I already used it more then the Fenix. Great light.

3 lights for me.

Novatac 120-P
Fenix P1D w/ Leef Body
SF L1 Lumamax

The SF stays with my SAR gear and is primarily only used for this purpose.

The Fenix P1D is a better light after getting the aftermarket Leef Body. It allows push button access to the various light modes. http://www.lighthound.com/Leef-Body-for-Fenix-P1D-Flashlight-with-McClicky-Tailcap-HA-III-Black-Finish-Scalloped_p_896.html

My favorite and go-to light is the Novatac. It allows user programmable settings from 0.3 to 120 lumens, along with a host of other options such as emergency strobe and SOS. I actually get the most use out of the 0.3 lumen setting. It's perfect for getting around in the dark without killing your night vision. And 120 lumens is just a click away. I use this light nearly everyday.

All are powered by a single CR123.

Flashlights002.jpg

Back