What watch do you wear?

I don't think casio calls it the marlin more fans do cause American model has that marlin on the dial.
True. Most of these watch nicknames are given by consumers, not the companies. Rolex Batman, Rolex Pepsi. Omega Speedy, Seiko Monster, etc.

Got this American leather strap for my Bertucci.

OgvD1xD.jpg

This isnt that fancy.
The only time i dont got my Garmin Epix Gen2 on if it needs cleaning or a strap change.
As a runner its so nice to have a mate that can give you stats about your body. And i use to help me get the best possibility for my training.
9pTzmJh.jpg

IMGP00471200.JPG

100613800.jpg

As much as I like my older mechanical watches, my fav is my Citizen 0100 movement model AQ6020-53X. It has pretty much stopped my watch rotation.
I wear it everyday for slightly over 3 years now. This is a 1 sec per year accurate watch. I decided to post this here, as I did elsewhere for some who might be interested in Highly Accurate Quartz (HAQ) watches.

Think of Horology..
as it applies to watches, is often referred to as "the art of making mechanical watches". On the other hand, coming from "horology" dictionary definition, it is the science of measuring the time and the result of this is an instrument for measuring the time.

There should be no doubt that Citizen 0100 movement being the most accurate self-contained watch in the World with +/- 1 sec per year is truly an instrument developed with the science of measuring the time. And if you set up a goal of +/- 1 SPY accuracy you'd dismiss mechanical movements from the get go, as simply no mechanical movement can possibly touch this precision. This is not to say that developing a quartz watch which would be that accurate was an easy task. There are many enemies to the watch precision of even the best of the best quartz movements like temperature changes, gravity, mechanical shocks etc. to name a few. And this Citizen movement design targeted them all with AT-cut crystal which vibrates at 8.4 MHz frequency and smart position management and shock reaction control. That means that if you set the watch accurately today it will still be within a minute accurate in 59 years from now.

The watch uses an in-house movement that is INDIVIDUALLY calibrated to meet the accuracy specifications for every particular watch and tested to deliver. Mechanically the movement uses backlash suppression mechanism and high-precision LIGA process for all gearing. The electronics is no less amazing and provides smart algorithms to keep the watch precision as committed by specs while utilizing solar panel and the battery which is not required to be replaced.

Citizen AQ60xx design is extraordinary with it's simplicity and artistic features to communicate what this watch truly is.

Beyond design, the execution of the watch mechanism, the case and the bracelet is as good as any other watch on the market even in 10X of this Citizen price bracket.
DSC028671060.JPG

I bought this AQ6020-53x (1 of 200 pcs made) new out of Japan on 2/3/21. The watch came on 2/17/21 and was spot-on (running .2sec late) and I did not touch it and still have not beyond dealing with DST (i.e. hour hand).

The watch barely leaves my wrist and after 3 years it cosmetically looks new. The super Ti body and bracelet hold really well.

After 36 month from the day it came it is running exactly 3 seconds late now. Taking into account that it came running .2sec late the watch is 2.8sec late in 3 years i.e. meeting the spec of 1sec/year accuracy.
DSC061401065.JPG

DSC06103800.JPG

I also wanted to show a closeup pics so you can see how the watch holds on with daily use. And I do not baby it. Just wear it and forget.
1000008196900.jpg

DSC028311106.JPG

Back