Whatcha got on order? (Traditional Knives Only)

I've got a few being delivered today or really soon. Today should be a Case/Bose Dogleg Jack in Antique jigged bone and hopefully a Tuna Valley Cigar Stockman in Blood Red jigged bone (think a GEC Furtaker Trapper with the addition of spey and sheepsfoot blades at the other end). Tomorrow I should get my trio of GEC #72s (American Elk, Burnt Stag, and Red Wine jigged bone).

Further down the road I have a GEC Toothpick and Half Congress being rehandled, 2 2011 Forum knives, and I'll probably pick up the Coffin Jack. Even further, I'm on a few lists and will probably get on a few more.

Trand you've got some good taste in knives. First you snagged the 09 BF barlow, and I'm going out on a limb here but I'm pretty sure if I waited just three more seconds to pull the trigger that dogleg would be arriving at my place right about now ;):D My new traditional hunting nemisis :p:thumbup:

Nathan

John Lloyd - will have that one sometime in the near future.

Have a slip on order from another maker that I doubt I will ever see.

You may get surprised, makers are sometimes kinda busy, even new ones!
but the JL should keep you happy for a bit :)

..GEC Toothpick and Half Congress...
Nice, just got the Powder Horn and already had the Half Congress, which will be taking a back seat for a while :(

G2

Last edited:
Trand you've got some good taste in knives. First you snagged the 09 BF barlow, and I'm going out on a limb here but I'm pretty sure if I waited just three more seconds to pull the trigger that dogleg would be arriving at my place right about now ;):D My new traditional hunting nemisis :p:thumbup:

Nathan
:p:D Next ones are all yours!! I think I'm about done with my catching up ;)

You may get surprised, makers are sometimes kinda busy, even new ones!
but the JL should keep you happy for a bit :)

Nice, just got the Powder Horn and already had the Half Congress, which will be taking a back seat for a while :(

G2

Thanks Gary. I haven't tried a toothpick or half congress before I tried the GECs last year. Each of these will now be my 4th of the pattern from GEC :cool: And if you've got the pockets, no reason both can't come with you. That was my plan for these two.:)

I guess part of the fun of this thread is also to show off when they do come in. The TV Stockman didn't come in today but this one did. A little Formby's lemon oil brought the bone back to shiny life. Both blades have burrs that I'll need to take care of but its great otherwise.
IMG_1483.jpg

Kerry Hampton, Brent Cramer, Ken Erickson, Brett Dowell and of course the 2011 forum knife.
I have no idea about in what order, leave alone the time frame - let's see who'll win the race :D

My Tuna Valley Cigar Stockman in Blood Red bone, #02, came in and its beautiful. These other 3 were an impulse purchase. I got another TVCS, this time #36 in Burnt Stag, a GEC #73 Jigged Brazilian Cherry, and a Queen #26 Small/Medium (not sure which one is correct) Stockman with Curly Zebra scales. I think this was the sharpest Queen I've received.

IMG_1533.jpg

Dang Baker g2g, that is a killer list!

I got 3 coming in:

- Marbles Folding Bowie. 8 1/2" closed MR101
- Rough Rider Long Rifle lockback. 3 5/8" closed 551
- Old imperial scout knife (very well used).

Case med stockman with punch 6318PU, Case swayback jack CV and an old Schrade Cut Co ebony curved jack

On my order (just sent a couple of minutes ago); I ordered a
Schrade Old Timer Stockman (Black bone handles)
Case Peanut Blue Bone
Case Zippo Lighter ;) (some kind of merchandising...)

I hope of all those knives and items are available... Sometimes it´s a little bit difficult to get theese here in Germany.

Kind regards...
Andi

I joined this Forums a few years back, just to learn about folders. I have been collecting fixed blades for about 12 years, mostly Randalls. Then due to work commitments, etc, I never got into folders. I am hoping all that is about to change.

I have bought a few Case knives, mostly Copperheads. I have two Copperheads in the mail. One is Mini with Corn Cob Yellow Bone and the other a Mini with Prime Stag.

I got on Bret Dowell's order list for next year, as well as Rick Menefee's. Both knives will have wharncliffe blades, as do most of my Cases. I also have some Randall's coming in the spring.

2012 seems so far away, I will probably buy one or two of something before the New Year.

I got on Bret Dowell's order list for next year, as well as Rick Menefee's. Both knives will have wharncliffe blades, as do most of my Cases. I also have some Randall's coming in the spring.

2012 seems so far away, I will probably buy one or two of something before the New Year.

You can't go wrong with Bret or Rick, a year isn't that long.

Sold most of my customs and don't propose travelling the path again

But with the proceeds from a Ray Cover I picked up a Winchester Moose, a Schatt F&W balloon jack, Schatt Heritage ebony spearpoint. All en route :):)

Got a little left over to put towards something else - may be another F&W or Heritage Schatt - more likely a Ti Spyderco Sage though :D

Let's please confine discussion of our knives on order to traditional knives on topic for this forum. Thank you.

I just ordered a buck 110 with finger grooves. I know I'm late to the party, but it's my first 110. I had a 112 for a few years so it's time to try out it's big brother :D

Back