Whatcha got on order? (Traditional Knives Only)

Picked this one up on the Exchange from Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley . I like the older Seki knives and this AG Russell with the VG-10 San Mai looks like something I'd like to carry.
Gary's excellent picture.
IGB0Wba.jpg
That a cool one,Gary. It has you all over it.
Cosimo di Benedetto is going to replicate this for me.View attachment 2508697
That is going to be awesome to compare them. If there is anyone that can do it it is Cosimo.

What is it?

They call this type of knife the NƔder, named after the knifemaker who first made this type of knife. It's really just a single blade shepherd's knife, the typical juhƔsz bicska otherwise has a smaller hawkbill blade on the other end as well.

This one was made by knifemaker ZoltƔn Papp. It has the typical Hungarian brass decoration and I think the circles represent the sun, I'm not sure. The green handle material is stabilised maple.

They call this type of knife the NƔder, named after the knifemaker who first made this type of knife. It's really just a single blade shepherd's knife, the typical juhƔsz bicska otherwise has a smaller hawkbill blade on the other end as well.

This one was made by knifemaker ZoltƔn Papp. It has the typical Hungarian brass decoration and I think the circles represent the sun, I'm not sure. The green handle material is stabilised maple.
Thanks!

I just ordered this beautiful little Moki Bird & Trout knife.
I saw a " vintage " example on Ebay and fell in love with it so I looked to see if they still offered something similar.
It turned out that the used " vintage " knife in question is actually current production and it cost less new than they wanted for their used example that was missing it's sheath.
moki-ts-535anz-trout-bird-knife-jigged-bone-handle-39953255694614-grande.jpg

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here from Japan.

Last edited:
I've had the order page for this one open for several days, and almost decided against it. Then today, after two windy days, I have a headache, blurry eyes, and as a result I'm in a bad mood. I decided that I needed something to cheer me up, so I ordered it! I'm not really a full size trapper fan, but I have this notion that I want to have all three Case Wharncliffe trappers. I already have a stag Wharncliffe tiny trapper, and I recently acquired a bonestag Wharncliffe mini trapper, so this will complete the set. Who knows, maybe this will convert me to a trapper fan! (I just can't come to terms with that big, long spey blade.) (A couple of years ago on a visit to the Smoky Mountains I had my hands on a Case Wharncliffe trapper -- hunter green covers as I recall -- but just couldn't decide, so I bought a barlow and a swayback gent instead.)

53613406853_b081a7b267_o.jpg

Last edited:
I've had the order page for this one open for several days, and almost decided against it. Then today, after two windy days, I have a headache, blurry eyes, and as a result I'm in a bad mood. I decided that I needed something to cheer me up, so I ordered it! I'm not really a full size trapper fan, but I have this notion that I want to have all three Case Wharncliffe trappers. I already have a stag Wharncliffe tiny trapper, and I recently acquired a bonestag Wharncliffe mini trapper, so this will complete the set. Who knows, maybe this will convert me to a trapper fan! (I just can't come to terms with that big, long spay blade.) (A couple of years ago on a visit to the Smoky Mountains I had my hands on a Case Wharncliffe trapper -- hunter green covers as I recall -- but just couldn't decide, so I bought a barlow and a swayback gent instead.)

53613406853_b081a7b267_o.jpg
My life is FULL of retail therapy. I'm probably the most miserable person on the planet based on that....

I have two on order, in addition to waiting for the Mr. Knives neverending giveaway box :D
I found a Bucklite 422 for $16.49 on sale, which I am stoked about because I love my 112 but it is a little too heavy for pocket carry. I also ordered a CEM agriculture folder with Bubinga wood handles for $14.29. These two thrifty finds came to $37 with shipping and tax. I keep saying I am not going to buy anymore, but I find myself being weak when I see deals like this.

Back